Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
I'd installed AutoNode on my Umbraco.
So, I'd decommented the code in config/autoNode.config and customize it like the doc says.
But nothing works... and another problem is that I don't receive any error on it... Simply, when I create the docType that I set on the config, no child node is created...
Why? Where I can check the error?
Autonode reads its settings on application start - so my first suspicion would be that you didn't restart your Umbraco app by touching your web.config after you changed your settings. If you've already done that, my next one would be to watch for any typos on the doctype alias. Please let me know if you've done both so we can investigate other possible culprits.
Also, could you please paste your setup code?
I'd touched the web.config after the changes on the autoNode.config.
This is the code of the autoNode.config file: http://pastebin.com/Hidkv4DZ
So according to your setup, you need it to automatically create a sub-document of type "immagineType" every time you create and publish a document of type "archivioType". Correct?
(I guess your doctype aliases are just those - immagineType with two m's and archivioType). Looks simple enough, there should be no issue with it if everything is typed correctly.
Autonode halts on two types of errors: If the AutoNode.config file is not found it just continues, but if another error comes up it logs the message "There was a problem loading AutoNode configuration from the config file" in your Umbraco Log File. So could you please do a search in your log file, see if this message has come up, and paste the whole exception data here?
Yes, it's correct...
I'd searched in the Log file but I don't had saw nothing about AutoNode.
The strange thing is that I don't receive errors.
I'd also tried to install Umbraco from zero, then install the AutoNode plugin... but nothing works...
Can you do the same try? Install the last version of Umbraco, then try to run your plugin...
Hmm... talking about 7.5.0, right? Haven't had the chance to test it on 7.5.0 yet, I'll do it and I'll let you know.
Yup, but I'd also tested it on 7.2 and 7.4 and it doesn't work.
An important problem of this plugin is that if there is an issue, you don't know nothing about this... You don't have an error or something in the log file... Simply, nothing happens.
This is very strange. I've tested it in empty installations and I've also been using it on my own site (that's why I created it in the first place :) ). Since you're testing it in clean installations I can't say that there are other packages interfering, so something else must be wrong (usually it's some little thing we just neglect).
Well, what if there is no error? :)
Could I have access to your test installation or get the files and try it myself? If so, add me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/sotirisf and I'll send you the rest of my contact info there. I'm very curious as to what might be wrong!
Perfect! I add you on LinkedIn so I can send to you the files :)
Just to summarize if other people are watching this - we had a very long Skype session with Bob (thank you!) where he sent me his site and I tested it. We found two problems: Incorrect document types in AutoNode.config (hence the lack of errors) and also the site was on Umbraco 7.2.7 while my dependencies were for Umbraco 7.4.0.
The reason it wouldn't work was that Bob had another AutoNode.config rule than the one referenced in posts above, as well as (probably) the Umbraco version. That's why we wouldn't see it working on 7.2 but neither on 7.4 and 7.5.
This was a great chance to fix some things, so i added some more logging to the package, it now describes in detail what's being done in the Umbraco logfile. I also lowered the dependency by referencing Umbraco Core 7.2.7 as minimum since I discovered it would work from that version upwards anyway.
We also upgraded Bob's site to 7.4.3 and tested on both 7.2.7 and 7.4.3 - it worked correctly.
The result is a brand new version 1.3 (Our Umbraco and GitHub have been updated).
Once again, Bob, thanks for spending your morning with me on this!
Thank you so much Sotiris!
I tested it also on another website with Umbraco 7.2.7 and it works!
Great and useful plugin!
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted