Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Thomas Höhler 1237 posts 1709 karma points MVP
    Mar 03, 2010 @ 10:26
    Thomas Höhler
    1

    Possible bug?

    Don't know if this is a bug related to your package or to the dictionary itself.

    I have two languages defined: englisch and german. If I use the translator it works like a charm for the first item. I added a second dict item and tried to translate. Then the translator grabbed the value from the dict item before. To be more clear, describing step by step:

    1. Create a dict item named "Name"
    2. Enter "Name" as value in the german field
    3. Doing translation, result in englisch is "Name"
    4. Save
    5. Create a second dict item named "YourEmail"
    6. Enter "Ihre E-Mail-Adresse" in the german field
    7. doing translation, result in the englisch field is "Name"

    So it grabs the value from the dict item before.

    Thomas

  • Warren Buckley 2085 posts 4511 karma points MVP 6x admin hq c-trib
    Mar 03, 2010 @ 10:54
    Warren Buckley
    0

    That is a strange bug and I have been able to replicate following your exact steps. If you try pressing the button again I got the correct expected translation.

    Would you mind doing this again with differrent dictionary items, I wonder if it has anything to do with the dictionary item name being the same value.

    I will test and do the same now, if it still occurs then I need to step through the code and see why this is happening.

    Thanks for the bug report, Thomas.

    Warren

  • Thomas Höhler 1237 posts 1709 karma points MVP
    Mar 03, 2010 @ 16:09
    Thomas Höhler
    0

    Just recreated the bug.

    My configuration: W2k8, IIS7 integrated mode, .NET 3.5 SP1

    In IE8 and FF the same situation: If I use german (which is the second langauge) as my primary language to translate it takes the german value from the node before.

    Step by step in another example (remember: I have two languages: english and german):

    1. Click on a dict item named "YourMessage"
    2. Enter "Ihre Nachricht" as value in the german field
    3. Doing translation, result in englisch is "Your message"
    4. Save
    5. Go to a second dict item named "YourEmail"
    6. Enter "Ihre E-Mail-Adresse" in the german field
    7. doing translation, result in the englisch field is "Your message"

    One new thing: If I use it reverse (translating from english to german) it is no problem it translates correct...

    Just downloaded your code and I have a suspicion: will debug this evening in an local installation...

  • Warren Buckley 2085 posts 4511 karma points MVP 6x admin hq c-trib
    Mar 03, 2010 @ 16:11
    Warren Buckley
    0

    Yeh I plan to debug this later today Thomas and I think I have a rough idea of what it is casuing it.

    Warren

  • Warren Buckley 2085 posts 4511 karma points MVP 6x admin hq c-trib
    Mar 03, 2010 @ 17:47
    Warren Buckley
    0

    Fixed & released

    http://our.umbraco.org/projects/dictionary-translator-for-umbraco
    http://dictionarytranslate.codeplex.com/releases/view/41321

    Two ways to update Thomas

    First is to uninstall the existing package and install the new one

    or

    Secondly download new package and unzip folder. Then copy these files over

    • DictionaryTranslate.dll
    • DictionaryTranslate.pdb
    • DictionaryTranslate.dll.config

     

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft