Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • RunnicFusion 60 posts 143 karma points
    Feb 06, 2015 @ 12:46
    RunnicFusion
    0

    Enum Dropdown Picker no options

    When i'm trying to add a Enum Dropdown Picker i can't setup the assembly and Enum.

    Backoffice:
    Empty NuPicker Enum Dropdown Picker
    We have done this the same way as an other project (where it is working). When i take a look at the Console i see the following:

    Console:
    GET http://www.projectname.local/umbraco/backoffice/nuPickers/EnumDataSourceApi/GetAssemblyNames
    500 (Internal Server Error)

    When opening that url in a new window:

    Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 417 (Missing token)
    

    Sample code:

    using System;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using System.Linq;
    using System.Web;
    using nuPickers.Shared.EnumDataSource;
    
    namespace Umbraco.Extensions.Enums
    {
        public enum Name
        {
            [EnumDataSource(Label = "name12")]
            Name,
        }
    }
    


    Things we've tried:

    • saving web.config again
    • recycle IIS app pool
    • restart IIS
    • republish entire site
    • Build VS project (using Hybrid Framework)

    Versions:
    Umbraco 7.2.1
    NuPickers 1.2.1.0

    Could someone help me out? Thanks ;)

  • Hendy Racher 859 posts 3821 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Feb 06, 2015 @ 13:08
    Hendy Racher
    0

    Hi, this is a guess, but looking up "the server responded with a status of 417 (Missing token)" there are some posts about Umbraco and client side cookies - does clearing these fix the issue ?

  • RunnicFusion 60 posts 143 karma points
    Feb 06, 2015 @ 13:18
    RunnicFusion
    0

    Hi, this is a guess, but looking up "the server responded with a status of 417 (Missing token)" there are some posts about Umbraco and client side cookies - does clearing these fix the issue ?

    Hi, thanks for your reply, deleting the browser cache don't help. (Chrome and Firefox)

    could you provide a other solution?

  • Lee Kelleher 3874 posts 14552 karma points MVP 9x admin c-trib
    Feb 09, 2015 @ 14:14
    Lee Kelleher
    0

    Hi Runnic,

    Had you applied the updated ClientDependency fix from the recent Umbraco security bulletin?

    If so, then that will be the reason that nuPickers no longer works.

    The current solutions are:

    1. Enable debug mode in your Web.config: <compilation ... debug="true" ...> This will may have a small performance impact on your website.

    2. Add your domain/hostname to the list of bundleDomains in the ClientDependency.config. See this forum answer for the full solution.

    I hope this helps.

    Cheers,
    - Lee

  • RunnicFusion 60 posts 143 karma points
    Feb 09, 2015 @ 15:30
    RunnicFusion
    0

    Hi Lee, this solution has no affect for me..
    Even with or without the ClientDependency fix i get the same error as mentioned in my first post.

  • Lee Kelleher 3874 posts 14552 karma points MVP 9x admin c-trib
    Feb 09, 2015 @ 15:32
    Lee Kelleher
    0

    Just to clarify, did you apply the ClientDependency security fix? (I'd like to rule out of the issue)

    Thanks,
    - Lee

  • Jeroen Breuer 4859 posts 12120 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Feb 09, 2015 @ 15:42
    Jeroen Breuer
    101

    It was related to an actual server error. I finally rememberd already talking about it with Hendy. If you install Umbraco through NuGet you get the dummy.txt file in the App_Code folder. If you have that file there the Assembly and Enum prevalues from the Enum DropDown Picker don't work.

    Also created an issue for it here: https://github.com/uComponents/nuPickers/issues/72

    For now a quick fix is to just remove the dummy.txt file.

    Jeroen

     

  • Matt Taylor 810 posts 1900 karma points
    Nov 01, 2016 @ 13:44
    Matt Taylor
    1

    I've just installed the nuPickers package via nuGet in Umbraco 7.5.3. It didn't create an App_Code folder.

    Updating the clientDependency version number in the ClientDependency.config fixed my problem.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft