Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Robin Alexandersson 6 posts 87 karma points
    Aug 27, 2020 @ 09:45
    Robin Alexandersson
    1

    Saved content issue

    Hello!

    We recently installed the 1.5.2 version and earlier we've just tested the 1.4.1 version, which worked really nice.

    When we installed the latest version 1.5.2 and started to implement content blocks to some document types we noticed that content disappear in each content block view. This occurs when we've saved new content, leave the document type and re-enter the document type where the content was saved. After that all the properties are empty, however the content is still published on the actual page as you can see in the preview window.

    We did install to 1.5.1 and now everything seems to work fine. Also did some investigation on our end but couldn't find any solution.

    enter image description here

    Br

  • Daniël Knippers 137 posts 992 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Aug 27, 2020 @ 13:15
    Daniël Knippers
    0

    Hey Robin,

    Thanks for submitting this issue. There was indeed a fix applied in 1.5.2 which transforms property values to / from the database to fix an issue with rendering macros. We also see some issues internally with empty content, so I will look into a fix for this very soon.

    In the meantime it is indeed advised to simply revert to 1.5.1.

    Regards, Daniël

  • Robin Alexandersson 6 posts 87 karma points
    Aug 27, 2020 @ 13:45
    Robin Alexandersson
    0

    Okay, thanks for the info and a quick reply.

    Br Robin

  • Daniël Knippers 137 posts 992 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Aug 27, 2020 @ 13:47
    Daniël Knippers
    0

    Hi Robin,

    Which version of Umbraco are you running? We see this issue in 8.6.4, but not in our main test project which is running 8.6.1 so I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the Umbraco version.

  • Robin Alexandersson 6 posts 87 karma points
    Aug 27, 2020 @ 14:02
    Robin Alexandersson
    0

    Hi again,

    We're currently running 8.6.4, so it could actually be that case.

  • Daniël Knippers 137 posts 992 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Aug 27, 2020 @ 21:28
    Daniël Knippers
    0

    Hey Robin,

    FYI, I believe I have found the fix to this issue. You can follow the GitHub issue for updates. Fix should be released tomorrow.

    The issue should only occur in multilingual settings as far as I can tell now, so it's probably not dependent on the Umbraco version.

    Can you confirm you are also using a multilingual setup (i.e. "Allow vary by culture" is on for doctype + property)?

  • Robin Alexandersson 6 posts 87 karma points
    Aug 28, 2020 @ 05:15
    Robin Alexandersson
    0

    Hi,

    Sounds great!

    Yes we're also using multilingual setup in our solution.

  • Daniël Knippers 137 posts 992 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Aug 28, 2020 @ 07:18
    Daniël Knippers
    1

    1.5.3 is now available on NuGet and should fix the issue. If it doesn't, please let us know :)

  • Tom Lien 4 posts 73 karma points
    Oct 13, 2020 @ 13:47
    Tom Lien
    0

    Hello Daniël!

    This is regarding the same project as Robin is working on. It seems that the issue this remains in version 1.5.3 and 1.6.0.

    The content does remain on some properties, for example RTE, textstring, images and checkboxes but disappears on some properties such as nested content and dropdown (atleast what we have noticed).

    Kind regards, Tom

  • Daniël Knippers 137 posts 992 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Oct 21, 2020 @ 06:45
    Daniël Knippers
    0

    Hi Tom,

    Sorry to hear this issue persists for you guys. Does the issue go away when you downgrade to a version <= 1.5.1? And you guys are still running Umbraco 8.6.4? I can do some tests later this week to check if I can reproduce the issue you are reporting when using NestedContent or Dropdown inside a block.

  • Tom Lien 4 posts 73 karma points
    Oct 21, 2020 @ 07:15
    Tom Lien
    0

    Hello!

    We downgraded to 1.5.1 and it's running like a charm without any kind of issues. We are now running Umbraco 8.7.0.

    From what we noticed it was NestedContent and Dropdown that the issue occurred upon.

    Kind regards, Tom

  • Daniël Knippers 137 posts 992 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Oct 21, 2020 @ 07:18
    Daniël Knippers
    0

    Hi Tom,

    Alright then it's most likely caused by the same code change indeed. Will have a look soon, but glad downgrading to 1.5.1 fixes this temporarily for you guys.

  • Daniël Knippers 137 posts 992 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Oct 22, 2020 @ 07:17
    Daniël Knippers
    0

    Hi Tom,

    FYI, I have researched a bit and this is very likely introduced by Umbraco 8.7 in combination with our existing code. See this issue on GitHub for updates. Should be a fix released soon, probably next week.

  • Tom Lien 4 posts 73 karma points
    Oct 22, 2020 @ 07:24
    Tom Lien
    0

    Hello Daniël!

    Thank you for the quick responses. We will eagerly wait for the release next week :)

    Kind regards, Tom

  • Daniël Knippers 137 posts 992 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Oct 26, 2020 @ 07:33
    Daniël Knippers
    0

    Hi Tom,

    I just pushed v1.6.1 to NuGet, this should fix the issue. Let me know if it does not.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft