Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
Thank you for this package.
I was wondering if you have any plans to support umbraco installations having multiple content trees as illustrated in the following image:
When testing this scenerio, I noticed that when I select a language other than the language associated with my hostname assigned to "Simple website 2" that I end up with the translation for "Simple website". Have I overlooked something or am I correct in thinking that this is not supported? If it is not supported, do you have any plans to support this in the future?
Thank you for your time.
Thanks for your interest in this package! I have worked on a setup with two content trees where I used the package and it worked properly. The only difference with the scenario you are describing was that I had the same language on both trees (in the window that appears on right-clicking and selecting "manage hostnames"). The different trees were not there to support different languages, since that was taken care of by the package, but to support different formats of a site (one was for web browsers and the other one was a "light" version for mobile devices).
So one quick way to try to resolve this is to set the same language on both trees, if you do not need the two trees to have different languages. Let me know if this works for you.
In any case, I will test the scenario you have mentioned and try to come up with a solution. I cannot know for sure yet, but I think that, even in the case when there is a different language per tree, I can come up with a fix for the package. I will let you know in a few days.
Hello again Karl,
I have now tested the setup you have described, and I don't seem to be having the same problem.
I have used a local copy of my site for testing (http://dimitros.net) It uses the Polyglot package to offer content in 4 languages.
These are the steps I have taken:
- Set up the site on my local machine
- Logged on to the Umbraco interface and made a copy of the main tree without relating the copied items to the original ones
- Right clicked on the root node of the first tree and selected "manage host names". Set the domain to "localhost" and the language to en-US and clicked on "add new domain"
- Right clicked on the root node of the second tree and selected "manage host names". Set the domain to "localhostsecond" and the language to el-GR and clicked on "add new domain"
- In my windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts file, I added the entry "127.0.0.1 localhostsecond". This was to allow me to access the second site by using the url http://localhostsecond
- Changed the content and some translations on the second site.
- Accessed both sites and tested changing languages using the drop down menu. The translations correctly appeared from each site without jumping from one to the other.
- Repeated all of the steps above, only with "relate items to original" checked when making the copy in the beginning. Again everything seemed to be in order.
So I can't seem to reproduce the problem you have described. Have you performed the same steps mentioned above more or less? Perhaps if you send me more details about how you have set up the two trees I can be of more assistance.
I was able to get my scenrio to work with the setup you stated above. You can remove my post if you like or leave it to show others that this is supported.
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted