Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Tyler 8 posts 28 karma points
    Aug 15, 2012 @ 20:55
    Tyler
    0

    Dimitri, 

    We are getting close to completing or first site using Polyglot and we have run into a snag... I may be wrong because I'm pretty new to Umbraco, but it seems that I cannot enable caching on macros with Ployglot.  When I switch languages on cached macros, the macro doesn't switch the content to the correct language.  Is this something that can be avoided?  The site is pretty macro/data heavy and without caching, I am running into some pretty slow pages.

    Thanks,

     

    Tyler

  • Tyler 8 posts 28 karma points
    Aug 16, 2012 @ 14:40
    Tyler
    0

    Ok, I think we have solved our problem.  Out of the box, Umbraco does not cache by querystring and that is really what we need.  For anyone interested, here is a link to Matt Brailsford's blog where he solves the issue. The site is running nice and quick now.

     

    Tyler

     

     

  • dimi309 244 posts 578 karma points
    Aug 29, 2012 @ 20:18
    dimi309
    0

    Hi Tyler,

    I am sorry I did not answer sooner, but I am on holiday with limited access to the internet. I think that this sort of thing can be solved by passing the language parameter to the translation macro, even if inside the code the URL parameter is used. Nevertheless, I think that the solution you have found is much simpler and better.

    Best regards,

    Dimitri

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft