Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
Thanks for a very useful package, we've used it alot but now we are stuck with some problems.
Could you please confirm that "SetPageCulture" macro are working with Umbraco 4.11.4?
I can see that $langISO is changing fine, but dictionary items are not getting translated
Best Regards Peter
Many thanks for the feedback! I'll run some tests and get back to you as soon as possible.
Thank you for the quick feedback! :)
we'll continue investigation our strange behaviour and I will report back here, if we find the issue
You're welcome! I haven't had a chance to look into it yet, but I will by tomorrow. In the meantime, indeed any further information would help. Thanks!
I just made the smallest of the smallest test setups here on my machine locally, and I finally got the SetPage Culture working, so I am very sorry for any inconvinience I might have caused.
We are now looking towards our URL rewriting rules now
But now I at least confirmed that your super package works with 4.11.3 :)
So there's really no problem? Great!
No inconvenience at all! I'm always happy to hear from developers using of Polyglot :)
If anything else goes wrong, please let me know.
No inconvenience at all! I am always happy to hear from developers who use Polyglot!
yeah, we are using the package "tab wise" and it's just great.
I can try and explain our situation, maybe you have encountered something similar, or can send us in the right direction,
to use your package we have made a redirect rule like this:
we have a bunch of tabs with languages which works fine, and some dictionary items which doesn't work
if I set ?umbDebugShowTrace=true, I can see that Umbraco gets the right parameter under querystring collection, but the dictionart items doens't translate.
IF i type in the URL like this : www.oursite.com/de/welcome?lang=de it works?
do you have any suggestions? Maybe a way I can debug some more?
I thought that it was a permission issue, but it works with the lang=xx parameter
I will try this myself tonight and try to find a solution. In the meantime, I have just remembered something that might help. In the beginning I used to set the culture in the language selector dropdown user control. It wasn't working though because the culture was not being set for the items rendered via razor or xslt. So I then created this Set Page Culture macro which was setting it within the scripts. I suppose that there was a separate thread or context between the script and the user control (sorry if I am not being very specific but I am not a super advanced .NET expert:)) from which the content was being rendered and this is why this was happening. I wonder if you are now facing a similar problem...
Aaaaarh Dammit! We found the error!
We had your language selector macro commented out like : <!-- --> and umbraco apparently doesn't care about this kind of out-comment so it broke the site
ps, what a rookie mistake! :)
Hahaha! Happens all the time to me too :)
Good luck with the rest of the project!
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted