Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Nigel 29 posts 52 karma points
    Jun 21, 2013 @ 16:44
    Nigel
    0

    I have installed and followed the tutorial to the letter however I get the following error when trying to 'create a translation'

    Infrastructure issue
    Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteReader

    Also the language list only lists one English version and not uk and us if both are added.

  • dimi309 244 posts 578 karma points
    Jun 21, 2013 @ 17:14
    dimi309
    0

    Hi Nigel, There have been some changes in the latest versions of Umbraco that had made polyglot not work properly. I have adapted the package in order for it to be able to work with all the latest versions (while keeping backwards compatibility) but I am afraid that the one you have just mentioned got away. I will correct it and have a new version ready tomorrow. About using American and British English at the same time, surprising as it may be, I have never needed to do that so far and nobody had complained about it. But you are right, this needs to be supported. I think that it might take a bit more than the SQL helper fix but, rest assured, it will be ready in a couple of days. Best regards, Dimitri

  • dimi309 244 posts 578 karma points
    Jun 22, 2013 @ 08:23
    dimi309
    0

    Hello again Nigel,

    I have just tested Polyglot v1.4 with Umbraco v6.0.6 and it seems to be working properly. I can create translations of pages and I do not seem to be getting an SQL helper exception. Are you using the latest version of the package? Is there anything else you can let me know about your system that might possibly help me find out why this exception occurs?

    In the meantime, I am working on supporting cultures. I will let you know when that feature is ready.

    Best regards,

    Dimitri

  • dimi309 244 posts 578 karma points
    Jun 23, 2013 @ 18:39
    dimi309
    0

    Nigel,

    I have just released v1.5 of the package with support for cultures. You can have more than one versions of English using this one, by adding the key <add key="uPolyglotUseCultureInLanguageCode" value="true" /> to your appSettings. I still have not been able to reproduce the other problem you have encountered, but perhaps I will be able to, if I have more information about your setup.

    Best regards,

    Dimitri

  • Nigel 29 posts 52 karma points
    Jun 24, 2013 @ 12:00
    Nigel
    0

     

    Thanks Dimitri for the super response

    I'm using Umbraco v6.0.6, SQL CE, Installed via Webmatrix 3 (Simple Site install)

    As a side issue I managed to get your plugin working on 4.11.3. However your update 1.5 causes an error when creating a new translation.

  • dimi309 244 posts 578 karma points
    Jun 24, 2013 @ 12:58
    dimi309
    0

    You are welcome Nigel! And thanks for all the feedback. I am sure I can spot the problem with this information. I should have a corrected version ready by tomorrow. Best regards, Dimitri

  • dimi309 244 posts 578 karma points
    Jun 25, 2013 @ 01:12
    dimi309
    0

    Hi Nigel,

    I have fixed the package and I have just published v1.51, which I have tested with various versions of Umbraco with SQLCE, including v6.0.6. It should work well now.

    I have had a little trouble though, reproducing the problem you have faced with v1.5 and Umbraco 4.11.3. I have tested the package with Umbraco 4.11.3.1 (it is the only 4.11.3.x version available for download right now) and I did not see any errors. I do not know if you are using the exact same version but, if you would let me know more about this error, perhaps I can reproduce it and correct things.

    Once again, many thanks for your interest in Polyglot and for helping me improve it.

    Best regards,

    Dimitri

  • Nigel 29 posts 52 karma points
    Jun 25, 2013 @ 09:19
    Nigel
    1

    Hi Dimitri

    Fantastic, I've worked out I only get the error if I have both of the following in my web.config (both for v4 and v6)

        <add key="uPolyglotDefaultLanguage" value="en" />
        <add key="uPolyglotUseCultureInLanguageCode" value="true" /> 

    I removed the first line and and works well.

    Many thanks

    Nigel

  • dimi309 244 posts 578 karma points
    Jun 25, 2013 @ 10:57
    dimi309
    0

    Hi Nigel,

    Awesome! I'm glad it worked.

    In theory, if you are using cultures, the default language setting should be something like:

    <add key="uPolyglotDefaultLanguage" value="en-US" />

    But I have not tested the combination of that with uPolyglotUseCultureInLanguageCode yet, so I will run some tests and see if there is something that can be improved there. In the meantime, if you do not need that setting, all the better :)

    Best regards,

    Dimitri

     

  • dimi309 244 posts 578 karma points
    Jun 25, 2013 @ 23:18
    dimi309
    0

    Hi Nigel,

    Just a note, I have tested the uPolyglotDefaultLanguage setting, in combination with uPolyglotUseCultureInLanguageCode. Indeed, if uPolyglotUseCultureInLanguageCode is set to true and you set the uPolyglotDefaultLanguage to something like "en-US" or "en-GB", it appears to be working properly.

    From what I have understood, you do not need that setting, but I just thought I should mention this. Let me know if you encounter any further difficulties.

    Best regards,

    Dimitri

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft