Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Arturo Soler 24 posts 77 karma points
    Oct 21, 2013 @ 13:37
    Arturo Soler
    1

    I've suffered and I think solved the following problem:

    Using links to content in fields of type Rich Text Editor tranlated by :PropertyTranslation and PropertyReferenceTranslationmacros.

    These links are presented in internal format (by example www.host.com/ {LocalLink: 10023}) and cause error..

    To solve Ihave rewritten this macros  so that in the final step they return:

      @Html.Raw(Umbraco.Web.Templates.TemplateUtilities.ParseInternalLinks(value));

    I do not know if it is the best solution, but I think worth reporting.

  • dimi309 244 posts 578 karma points
    Oct 21, 2013 @ 15:14
    dimi309
    0

    Thank you Arturo, for taking the time to post this feedback. I will look into it, also making some tests, and perhaps include your changes in an upcoming version. I will keep you posted.

    Best regards,

    Dimitri

  • dimi309 244 posts 578 karma points
    Oct 21, 2013 @ 22:23
    dimi309
    0

    Hi Arturo,

    I have just tried using internal links with the latest version of Umbraco, and they get rendered properly by the package and no error occurs. Could you let me know what Umbraco version you are using and perhaps tell me a bit more about the exact error that occurs and under what conditions?

    Thanks!

    Dimitri

  • Arturo Soler 24 posts 77 karma points
    Oct 22, 2013 @ 09:50
    Arturo Soler
    0

    Dimitri,

    About versions,

    • Umbraco 6.1.6 upgraded from 6.1.5 copying files
    • Polyglot 1.6
    • I have also touched TintyMCE files (.....\umbraco_client\Tinymce3) from the original project site to solve problems in backoffice with the Spanish language.
    • Other packages installed: imageGen and imageGallery.

    I will repeat copying files 6.1.6 and see what happens.If the problem persists I'll create a test site and inform you.It will probably be tomorrow because I have a pending jobs.

    Thank you!

     

  • dimi309 244 posts 578 karma points
    Oct 22, 2013 @ 10:11
    dimi309
    0

    Hi Arturo,

    Yesterday I tested it with Umbraco 6.1.6 and, in my case, .GetPropertyValue was correctly replacing {LocalLink: xxxx} strings with the corresponding URLs. If this peplacement is done by the code in the compiled binaries (.dlls) I suppose that changes in TinyMCE should not cause any problems. In any case, I will have another look as soon as I can, taking the information you have just sent me into consideration. It will be interesting if you find out more, but no worries, it's not urgent! Thanks again for taking the time to let me know about this.

    Best regards,

    Dimitri

     

  • Arturo Soler 24 posts 77 karma points
    Oct 25, 2013 @ 16:57
    Arturo Soler
    1

    Hi Dimitri,

    Yes, not urgent but it's fun. Yesterday I created a blank site with fresh Umbraco and Polyglot, one document type and its corresponding types of translation, and finally two content pages hyperlinked together. The content links do not move to real url. See it at http://vvv.ascer.es (v not w). For more detail you can use your name and the word shouted by the web designer colleagues in 1995. Name and word all in lowercase. 

     

  • dimi309 244 posts 578 karma points
    Oct 26, 2013 @ 09:50
    dimi309
    0

    Hi Arturo,

    Fun it is, indeed! Thanks for setting this up! I have had a look and I think that it provides an absolute proof that something is wrong. I will have some time over the weekend to investigate in detail, so I will report back as soon as I find out exactly why this happens on your installation and not mine. I am afraid I was not able to solve the riddle though. Perhaps you can let me know more about it by writing to developer [at] dimitros [dot] net.

    Best regards,

    Dimitri

  • dimi309 244 posts 578 karma points
    Oct 26, 2013 @ 21:20
    dimi309
    0

    Hello again Arturo,

    I have just discovered that the issue which you have encountered can very well arise in many circumstances! I am preparing a new version of Polyglot, using your suggested modification. After testing it with various versions of Umbraco, I will publish it and let you know.

    Once again, thank you very much for this contribution!

    Best regards,

    Dimitri

  • dimi309 244 posts 578 karma points
    Oct 27, 2013 @ 00:58
    dimi309
    0

    Ok! I have applied the fix. This is the commit to the repository:

    https://bitbucket.org/dimitrikourk/polyglot/commits/d38aa4943c712b0a17de3da2d8a7149e2ce68694

    The current package version is now 1.61.

    By the way, I have run a lot of tests, and it seems to me that this has something to do with Umbraco's .NET MVC templates. The classic ASP.NET templates did not seem to produce the same problem. In any case, I hope that now it has been corrected for all versions and modes of operation :)

    Best regards,

    Dimitri

  • Arturo Soler 24 posts 77 karma points
    Oct 28, 2013 @ 17:19
    Arturo Soler
    0

    Dimitri,

    Good job! I tested the new version with the basic site and a site a little more complex because it uses variations from your navigation translated. No problem!

    Thank you very much.

    Arturo

  • dimi309 244 posts 578 karma points
    Oct 28, 2013 @ 19:33
    dimi309
    0

    Hi Arturo,

    You're welcome! I'm glad it works well.

    Likewise, thank you for your contribution. You had already solved the problem when you reported it. All I needed to do was apply the proposed change and run some tests.

    Best regards,

    Dimitri

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft