Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Thor Madsen-Holm 82 posts 212 karma points c-trib
    Mar 31, 2014 @ 14:19
    Thor Madsen-Holm
    0

    Content selector across root content

    Hi, 

    I was doing a spindoctor POC for a customer to see if I could implement it into their existing website. 
    I got some of the way, but hit a problem when trying to use Content selectors. 

    The thing is that I have a lot of small snippets of content (shared content) that is placed in a folder that lives in the root directory next the website itself like so: 
    - Content
    - Website
    - Shared content 

    On the frontpage of the website i then tried to use the 
    SpindoctorLibrary:SelectSingleNode('somecontentselector') to get some nodes (after making sure the website visitor had a profile). However the extension does not return any xml. 

    It seems the extension "SelectSingleNode" only returns anything if the nodes live somewhere beneeth the Website folder. Is this true ? Or am i doing somehing wrong. 

  • Dave Woestenborghs 3217 posts 10834 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Apr 01, 2014 @ 09:34
    Dave Woestenborghs
    0

    Maybe your "somecontentselector" doesn't match any nodes ?

  • Thor Madsen-Holm 82 posts 212 karma points c-trib
    Apr 01, 2014 @ 10:12
    Thor Madsen-Holm
    0

    It should match at least 2 nodes in the setup i have. I am affraid that the extension can't find any nodes because the "Shared content" folder does not have the same hostnames attached. But I am not sure, I would just like to have it confirmed before I spend more time debugging. 

  • Dave Woestenborghs 3217 posts 10834 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Apr 01, 2014 @ 10:27
    Dave Woestenborghs
    0

    Can you show me your xpath query ?

    Dave

  • Thor Madsen-Holm 82 posts 212 karma points c-trib
    Apr 01, 2014 @ 10:50
    Thor Madsen-Holm
    0

    I haven't used an Xpath query, I just used the "Parent node" selector (In the "Output" tree under the spindoctor section). 

  • Dave Woestenborghs 3217 posts 10834 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Apr 01, 2014 @ 11:52
    Dave Woestenborghs
    0

    I'm not famliar with spindoctor, but I have a suspicion that your selector is not correct.

    Dave

  • Thor Madsen-Holm 82 posts 212 karma points c-trib
    Apr 01, 2014 @ 12:46
    Thor Madsen-Holm
    0

    I'm almost certain it is not a selector issue seeing as I use a spindoctor extension to grab elements and not an xpath query.

  • SpindoctorBT 33 posts 124 karma points
    Apr 01, 2014 @ 20:46
    SpindoctorBT
    0

    Hi Thor,

    your solution should work.
    The nodes not being under the main website node, but under a shared folder, should NOT be a problem.

    Are you absolutely sure these nodes are published, as Spindoctor tries to fetch them from the Xml?

    If they are, can you email some screenshots detailing all steps you took?

    I would be particularly interested in:
    - Screenshot of the license
    - Screenshot of the URL you are using to access the site
    - Screenshot of your content nodes
    - Screenshot of you content selector nodes

    If that doesn't help you can WeTransfer us a dump of the database and website (please add admin password) and we'll have an in-depth look.

    Cheers,

    Wouter 

  • Thor Madsen-Holm 82 posts 212 karma points c-trib
    Apr 02, 2014 @ 09:01
    Thor Madsen-Holm
    0

    Hi Wouter, 

    Thank you for your reply.

    I am glad to hear that my site structure shouldn't be a problem. I must be doing something wrong then. 
    I will give it a try again and if I still can't get it to work I will  post some additional information. 

    Cheers,
    Thor 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft