Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Jesse Andrews 155 posts 607 karma points
    Jun 01, 2020 @ 23:46
    Jesse Andrews
    0

    Link title attribute in rich text editor shown for target, but not source

    Translation Manager Version: 8.2.9

    I have a link in a rich text editor with a title that I noticed was included in the target values, but isn't in the source values (see below).

    link title translation issue

    This is a fairly minor issue, since this content is run through translation. It just prevents before and after comparison for this content.

  • Kevin Jump 1734 posts 11104 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jun 02, 2020 @ 10:17
    Kevin Jump
    0

    Hi Jesse,

    Can you send the html for that box (Body Tex Carousel Bottom Copy). I think it's probably a style/formatting thing.

    As you say its in the target, that means it is almost certainly in the source somewhere (it has to be for the next bit to work) - but for some reason its not on the page.

  • Jesse Andrews 155 posts 607 karma points
    Jun 02, 2020 @ 16:25
    Jesse Andrews
    0

    Sure thing. Here is a simpler test I tried with an rte added in the grid that encounters the same issue. See markup below.

    <p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est <a href="/{localLink:umb://document/0f834825b0b64e92911214eb16e11f5f}" title="Laborum">laborum</a>.</p>
    

    The link and title were added with the built in link functionality of the rte.

  • Kevin Jump 1734 posts 11104 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jun 02, 2020 @ 16:48
    Kevin Jump
    0

    I need to check then back then - this works for me ☹

    I would normally say what version of TM are you running? but i don't think we've updated the this view in quite a few versions - so it would be odd if it was that .

  • Jesse Andrews 155 posts 607 karma points
    Jun 02, 2020 @ 17:13
    Jesse Andrews
    0

    I'm on 8.2.9 installed via nuget. I ran this test in my local environment. I also don't have a license installed yet, though I doubt that would be the reason. Will try updating translation manager later today to see if that helps.

  • Jesse Andrews 155 posts 607 karma points
    Jun 03, 2020 @ 15:57
    Jesse Andrews
    0

    I updated translation manager to 8.2.10.1, but still encounter the issue. I did notice that one of the other projects in my solution was pointing at 8.2.0, so I updated that as well, but the issue persists.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft