Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Jonathan Richards 288 posts 1742 karma points MVP
    Aug 16, 2018 @ 16:49
    Jonathan Richards
    0

    Hi Kevin,

    I have sent, and now received two xlf files (one content, other dictionary items), both error when I try and import.

    For the Dictionary translation, this is a snippit of the content Xlf file returned from Translation company

    But when I try to import this back, I get an error

    Umbraco Error

    What can I do to fix this ?

    Cheers

    Jonathan

  • Kevin Jump 2129 posts 13459 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Aug 16, 2018 @ 17:14
    Kevin Jump
    0

    Hi

    have a search for "u65" in the file I suspect that value is missing the <target> node.

    Kevin

  • Jonathan Richards 288 posts 1742 karma points MVP
    Sep 03, 2018 @ 12:48
    Jonathan Richards
    0

    Hi Kevin,

    Thank you for the advice, you are correct that 'empty' elements were present in the output file.

    Missing elements

    I have removed these empty elements (I had three through out the file), and now the file imports, but nothing has changed with the dictionary items. I have restarted IIS, just incase.

    For this process to complete successfully, do I have to be running on the domain I have a licence for - I'm running it on a local dev domain that maps to 127.0.0.1.

    I did make a backup of the database before the import, so I can roll back, but right now its not listing this translation set anymore, so I am unable to retry the import again (without the DB rollback).

    Is there anything I can do to fix this ?

    Cheers

    Jonathan

    ps. I guessing through my ignorance, I'm misusing the package, but regardless: kudos for the work you have done to make Umbraco a better corporate product.

  • Kevin Jump 2129 posts 13459 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Sep 03, 2018 @ 13:01
    Kevin Jump
    100

    Hi Jonathan,

    It 'should' work fine on localhost - but I would say rather then removing the blank source values - add a blank target - because there might need to be something there to set (even if it's blank).

    When you say nothing has changed - once you have uploaded the file - the job should move to 'received' and you can see what has been imported in the items list below ?

    If it stayed in submitted then that might be because it hasn't detected all the elements as translated - equally you can go in to the items and see what has been imported back.

    once the job is in received, you should have the 'Approve & Publish' option at the bottom of the screen- this is the thing that actually puts the values back into umbraco - so until that bit is done you won't see any changes in umbraco values.

  • Jonathan Richards 288 posts 1742 karma points MVP
    Sep 03, 2018 @ 13:25
    Jonathan Richards
    0

    Hi Kevin,

    Great news, Once I had done the 'Approve & Publish' option, all but three Dictionary items, out of about 150, have imported.

    I'm happy that it was three blank items original in the file and now three missing from the dictionary.

    Of the three, one is my mistake, Its a dictionary item where nothing has been set for EN-US, so it would have been impossible to translate an empty string.

    The other two were both requests for 'First Name'. As I created a unique dictionary item for every occurrence of a text string on a form/webpage. Some dictionary items contain the same words in English, The text 'First Name' appeared 8 times (because its used in different places through out the site), 2 of those 8 were missing.

    As I can fix these myself, I am happy. I do have another set of translation files to import, but will leave this thread as fixed, completed and very happy with the process.

    Thank you

    Jonathan

  • Kevin Jump 2129 posts 13459 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Sep 03, 2018 @ 13:34
    Kevin Jump
    1

    woot !

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft