Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • von 61 posts 123 karma points
    Dec 20, 2018 @ 12:01
    von
    0

    Translation jobs not visible on translators dashboard

    I installed TranslationManager version 2.1.5 on an Umbraco 7.12.3. The creation of translation jobs work. However, no jobs are showing on the dashboard of a user that was assigned the "Translators" group. What did I miss?

  • Kevin Jump 2151 posts 13665 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Dec 20, 2018 @ 12:26
    Kevin Jump
    0

    Hi Von,

    Can you see the jobs in the Translation Manager - Submitted section ? Where they created with the Translator Dashboard View ?

    To appear in the "Translator" section they have to be created with the Translator Dashboard provider.

    by default (with no changes) a translator should be able to see all languages on the dashboard, but if you have restricted any of the translator languages (right click on the language in Translator Dashboard pick Language Access - then you might have to give the user permissions to see the languages you want them to have access to.

  • von 61 posts 123 karma points
    Dec 20, 2018 @ 14:24
    von
    0

    Hi Kevin,

    Yes I can see the job, in fact I can edit the job as an admin (as expected). Yes the jobs were created using the Translator Dashboard. So when I do a "Send to Translate" and selected a language, I got the "Send to translate" view having "using Translator Dashboard".

    I haven't restricted access to any language. Anyway, I tried explicitly assigning a user to a language but that doesn't help.

    Anything else I missed?

  • Kevin Jump 2151 posts 13665 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Dec 20, 2018 @ 14:54
    Kevin Jump
    0

    Hi

    Just check they have access to the right translator section

    the 'Translation' one is the inbuilt umbraco one, "Translator" is the one they should have access to

    if they are in the "translator" group then this will by default be pointing to the umbraco section not the Translation Manager one.

    Kevin

    enter image description here

  • von 61 posts 123 karma points
    Dec 20, 2018 @ 15:45
    von
    0

    Yes I added that, see below.

    enter image description here

    Here's what I have when logged in as the translator. enter image description here

  • Kevin Jump 2151 posts 13665 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Dec 20, 2018 @ 16:11
    Kevin Jump
    0

    Hi

    are there any errors in the browser developer console ?

    Kevin

  • von 61 posts 123 karma points
    Dec 26, 2018 @ 15:40
    von
    0

    Hi Kevin, there are no errors in the dev console. When I click on the Translator icon the GetLanguageCounts is triggered. It returned with an empty array as a response. That may be where the problem is? So I edited the access of the translator and added the Administrator group. I then logged-in back as the translator and then I have all the sections available. I edited back the groups and removed Administrator so that the translator only has access to the Translator section. That did the trick, as a translator-user I am able to see the translation jobs.

  • von 61 posts 123 karma points
    Dec 26, 2018 @ 16:11
    von
    0

    Oops. I spoke too soon. Looks like the permission was cached. I logged out and in again and this time I got an empty Translator section again. The GetLanguageCounts results into an empty array again. I tried adding the Content section to the Translators group thinking it might trigger something but it did not help.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft