Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Lotte Pitcher 40 posts 191 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jan 29, 2019 @ 10:41
    Lotte Pitcher
    1

    Circular translation set clearing other target language when approving/publishing

    Hi Kevin,

    Our site is a combination of 'Multi-Node' and 'Single-Node': one root site per country, and then a repository of items that are being shared between countries, using Vorto on those items.

    I've set up a 'circular' translation set for a node in the respository enter image description here

    I start with English only - Spanish and German are both blank: enter image description here

    I then create a translation job for both Spanish and German (using Translator Dashboard): enter image description here

    I translate German first and approve/publish, and this appears in Umbraco as it should: enter image description here

    I then translated the Spanish and approved/published. This sends the Spanish to Umbraco but as a result the German items are reset back to blank: enter image description here

    I have replicated this several times, changing the order that I approve the languages and publishing the second target language always resets the first target. If I do a translation job for just one language all the way through to publication, and then second, it all works fine. This behaviour, it appears from my investigation, only occurs when the job is created for both languages together.

    Have I misunderstood something, or incorrectly set something up? Originally I had not specified the property names in the Translation Set, so I then added the two properties that I am testing this on, but the problem still occurs there.

    TM version: 2.1.5.19361 Umbraco version: 7.12.4

    Many thanks Lotte

  • Kevin Jump 1834 posts 11777 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jan 29, 2019 @ 12:11
    Kevin Jump
    101

    Hi Lottie,

    This was fixed in Translation Manager 2.1.6, (see https://jumoo.co.uk/translate/releases/2.1.6/ for details)

    Its because we introduced versioning in an earlier version - actually it was 2.1.5 - so the content is taken from an old version of the same file and wipes it :(

    v2.1.6 turns off the versioning for loopback content because it makes no sense and causes this issue.

    Kevin

  • Lotte Pitcher 40 posts 191 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jan 29, 2019 @ 12:50
    Lotte Pitcher
    0

    Ah ok that makes sense. When I go to the Diagnostics tab in the back office and it confirms that the Core Version is 2.1.5.19361, it also has a green tick saying 'latest version'. So I assumed I was on the latest version! But yes now I check nuget I can see there is v2.2.0 waiting so shall give that a go this afternoon. Thanks for your prompt reply!

    Lotte

  • Lotte Pitcher 40 posts 191 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jan 29, 2019 @ 15:29
    Lotte Pitcher
    1

    Yup, I can confirm the circular set is working as expected now I've upgraded to v 2.2.0!

    Thanks

    Lotte

  • Kevin Jump 1834 posts 11777 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jan 29, 2019 @ 13:06
    Kevin Jump
    0

    yeah that's my bad - i forgot to update the version file on our server that it checks :(

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft