Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Tor Langlo 151 posts 400 karma points
    Sep 23, 2019 @ 13:23
    Tor Langlo
    0

    Unable to download translation file

    I'm using the XLIFF file provider and am not able to download the translation file. I have not assigned any particular folder in the provider settings. Any suggestions? See attached screenshots.

    Download page

    404 page

  • Kevin Jump 1896 posts 11907 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Sep 23, 2019 @ 13:33
    Kevin Jump
    100

    Hi Tor,

    the default install of Translation manager should save files with an .xlf extension (but you can change this).

    it should also add the correct file extensions to the staticContent section of the web.config...

    <staticContent>
       .....
       <remove fileExtension=".xlf" />
       <mimeMap fileExtension=".xlf" mimeType="application/xliff+xml" />
    </staticContent>
    

    It looks like your install is saving XML in the root of the site, so i think the config is missing or corrupt :(

    Things to check: 1. The config of the Xliff Provider, (in settings -> Translation Manager -> Providers)

    enter image description here

    that should have a folder, and the file extension set.

    1. just check there is a config/translations.config file, this gets created on install or when you save settings, maybe it has gotten lost as some point during your setup.

    Kevin

  • Tor Langlo 151 posts 400 karma points
    Sep 23, 2019 @ 13:47
    Tor Langlo
    0

    An xml file was created in the default Media/simple_translate folder and is accessible when in the local env. But when in Umbraco cloud it's cumbersome to retrieve the file manually.

    The translations.config does not have any xliff provider settings at all. I'll try to add the settings you suggested and see what happens.

    -Tor

  • Tor Langlo 151 posts 400 karma points
    Sep 23, 2019 @ 14:02
    Tor Langlo
    0

    Your suggested settings solved the problem. I also confirmed that both xml and xlf extensions work (I added the mime for xlf).

    When clearing the folder field I get an error when submitting the pending translation job. So it appears that 1) when no settings are present at all, then the translation manager gets confused. It's creating files in the default folder, but the code for downloading the file thinks the file is in the root, and 2) after creating provider settings, then a valid folder must be set in the field.

    -Tor

  • Kevin Jump 1896 posts 11907 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Sep 23, 2019 @ 14:25
    Kevin Jump
    0

    think some of this is due to us introducing support for the file providers in recent versions and breaking a bit of the folder setup code :(

    We'll fix that. Glad you got it working.

    Kevin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft