I've released the Digibiz Advanced Media Picker for Umbraco 4.5 and 4.6: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/digibiz-advanced-media-picker.
This is version 4 of Yet Another Media Picker. Thanks to Tony Maynard-Smith who gave me original source code I was able to update this project to be compatible with Umbraco 4.
This version is similar to the Improved Mediapicker released by Tim Geyssens, but there are some differences:
- You can also create folders in the 'create new' tab.
- You can also upload other files beside images.
- You can choose between 'only images' and 'images and files'.
- While selecting a file no folder can be chosen.
The Tribal Yet Another Media Picker 4 package contains a render control and a default data type. You can use the render control to create multiple custom Data Types.
New in v1.1
- If the web.config cannot be updated a message will appear the user needs to do it manually.
- The mediaId will always be saved as an integer. The value saved by TYAMP4 is the same as using the default media picker.
The source code is now also available. Some parts of the code aren't pretty, but I've copied most of it from the Umbraco 4.0 source code.
Please vote the project up if you like it.