Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Jason Prothero 421 posts 1242 karma points c-trib
    Apr 28, 2021 @ 18:01
    Jason Prothero
    0

    Many errors in Logs, no back-office analytics, and unstable site behavior

    Hello!

    I'm having an issue with our cloud site that appears to be related to uMarketingSuite.

    We are currently seeing tons of error messages in our logs around uMarketingSuite (see below). The logs are enough to fill up our logs and make them challenging to review. In addition, the site has been going down occasionally over the last week.

    I'm also unsure the Analytics is working properly. There are some records in the DB (doesn't seem complete), but nothing displays on the dashboards in the back-office.

    I'm going to try to update uMarketingSuite and see if that helps. However, I wanted to post here in case there is something else I should be doing.

    Umbraco version: Umbraco 8.12.2

    uMarketingSuite version: 1.7.2

    Hosting: Umbraco Cloud

    Loadbalanced: No

    SQL server version: 2019

    Stack trace with exact error messages:

    Exception uMarketingSuite.Business.Analytics.Processing.Pageview.PageviewProcessingException: Processing failed ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Not the ambient scope. at Umbraco.Core.Scoping.Scope.Dispose() at uMarketingSuite.Data.Common.NPoco.DatabaseContext.Dispose() at uMarketingSuite.Data.Common.NPoco.DatabaseContextProvider.AutocompletableDatabaseContext.Dispose() at uMarketingSuite.Business.Analytics.Processing.Pageview.AnalyticsPageviewProcessor.ProcessInternal() at uMarketingSuite.Business.Analytics.Processing.Pageview.AnalyticsPageviewProcessor.Process() --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

    Thanks, Jason

  • [email protected] 395 posts 2067 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Apr 29, 2021 @ 06:26
    jeffrey@umarketingsuite.com
    0

    Hi Jason,

    sorry for the inconvenience and the 1.7.2 version was not working really well with Umbraco Cloud unfortunately. We've fixed that in 1.7.3, and some additional fixes in 1.8.0.

    Today we're releasing 1.9.0, so maybe it's wise to update it later today when we've released that. We've tested 1.9.0 for a few days now on our own websites and everything runs smoothly!

    The upgrade should be smooth sailing!

    Please let us know if the upgrade fixed the issues,

    kindest regards,

    Jeffrey

    enter image description here

  • Jason Prothero 421 posts 1242 karma points c-trib
    May 04, 2021 @ 19:37
    Jason Prothero
    0

    Jeffrey,

    I can confirm that upgrading to 1.8.0 does fix the problem, but it unfortunately did something that causes an error on our Articulate blog. We are still trying to figure that out, but have you seen any issues with that?

    -Jason

  • [email protected] 395 posts 2067 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    May 05, 2021 @ 05:40
    jeffrey@umarketingsuite.com
    0

    Hoooray! And Boooo!

    Thanks for getting back to us! No; we haven't set it up before with Articulate unfortunately.

    If you can send over the error (screenshots, errorlog, screencapture, whatever) we're more than happy to take a peek!

    Jeffrey

    enter image description here

  • Jason Prothero 421 posts 1242 karma points c-trib
    May 06, 2021 @ 13:11
    Jason Prothero
    0

    Jeffrey,

    The issue is that Articulate cannot find the "Theme" and throws this error:

    "No theme has been set for this Articulate root, republish with a selected theme"

    It's definitely some sort of conflict between the packages because it works fine if I take out the uMarketingSuite dlls.


    The problem errors out here:

    https://github.com/Shazwazza/Articulate/blob/develop/src/Articulate/Controllers/ListControllerBase.cs#L42

    In that method, the IMasterModel masterModel has a theme set properly.

    Then when that new ListModel is created, it is passed in as the new "masterModel" to the PathHelper.GetThemeViewPath() call below and the theme is null at that point.

    I think perhaps the problem may be in a PropertyConverter or something that uMarketingSuite has that is somehow converting content and then the articulate properties are stripped. Not sure.

    We do see that uMarketingSuite attaches to EditorModelEventManager.SendingContentModel. We aren't certain if its doing anything in there, but something is getting in the way.


    I'd be happy to screen share or give more details if it would help. Without the uMS source, its been challenging to try to work around.

    Thanks, Jason

  • [email protected] 395 posts 2067 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    May 07, 2021 @ 12:16
    jeffrey@umarketingsuite.com
    0

    Hi Jason,

    we will look into this later this sprint. We will install vanilla Umbraco + Articulate. If that works; we will install the uMarketingSuite and verify what's broken.

    Kind regards, Jeffrey

  • Tom van Gessel 17 posts 237 karma points
    May 19, 2021 @ 07:02
    Tom van Gessel
    100

    Hi Jason,

    We can confirm that this issue has been fixed in uMarketingSuite 1.9.1 So updating should fix the error. Please let us know if updating solved the error.

    Kind regards,

    Tom

    enter image description here

  • Jason Prothero 421 posts 1242 karma points c-trib
    May 19, 2021 @ 14:58
    Jason Prothero
    0

    Great thanks! I'll update to the latest and report back.

    Thanks, Jason

  • Jason Prothero 421 posts 1242 karma points c-trib
    May 21, 2021 @ 15:34
    Jason Prothero
    100

    OK, we have tested it and everything works great again! Thanks for the quick turnaround!

    -Jason

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft