Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Sebastian Dammark 549 posts 1289 karma points
    Nov 21, 2011 @ 16:23
    Sebastian Dammark
    0

    Weird output from the Vimeo provider

    I've installed UMP and the Vimeo provider.

    But I get a different output than I usually do.

    The output looks like this:

    <media>
    <Vimeo id="1368" version="24080b30-15e2-44d3-91f7-8379c1651ec1" parentID="1356" level="2" writerID="0" nodeType="1355" template="0" sortOrder="1" createDate="2011-11-21T15:25:00" updateDate="2011-11-21T15:25:00" nodeName="Test"urlName="test" writerName="admin" nodeTypeAlias="Vimeo" path="-1,1356,1368">
    <media>
    <option key=""/>
    </media>
    </Vimeo>
    </media>

    And this is what I usually get

    <media>
    <vimeo id="1977" version="76542095-83c9-41d4-840c-9981120a69ff" parentID="1520" level="2" writerID="2" nodeType="1399" template="0" sortOrder="5" createDate="2011-05-02T18:16:02" updateDate="2011-05-02T18:16:02" nodeName="Good test" urlName="good-test" writerName="Admin" nodeTypeAlias="vimeo" path="-1,1520,1977">
    <media>
    <value dataTypeId="1389">
    23159861
    </value>
    </media>
    </vimeo>
    </media>

    Any ideas ?

  • Matt Brailsford 3087 posts 16036 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Nov 21, 2011 @ 16:30
    Matt Brailsford
    0

    Crickey, it shouldn't be doing that.

    What version of Umbraco are you using?

    Matt

  • Sebastian Dammark 549 posts 1289 karma points
    Nov 21, 2011 @ 17:33
    Sebastian Dammark
    0

    I'm running 4.7.1

  • Sebastian Dammark 549 posts 1289 karma points
    Nov 21, 2011 @ 23:28
    Sebastian Dammark
    0

    Just tried here at home on a brand new installation but with the Issuu provider.

    Same result

    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <UMP id="1056" parentID="1052" level="4" writerID="0" creatorID="0" nodeType="1054" template="1048" sortOrder="1" createDate="2011-11-21T23:17:06" updateDate="2011-11-21T23:17:28" nodeName="Issuu" urlName="issuu" writerName="admin" creatorName="admin" path="-1,1050,1051,1052,1056" isDoc="">
        <media>
            <option key=""/>
        </media>
        <pagename>Issuu</pagename>
        <umbracoNaviHide>0</umbracoNaviHide>
        <xmldumpAllowedIPs/>
    </UMP>
    
    I downloaded the UMP package here from Our and selected the providers to install.
    Let me know if you need any other information.
  • Matt Brailsford 3087 posts 16036 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Nov 22, 2011 @ 09:03
    Matt Brailsford
    0

    Hi Sebastian,

    I've had a play this morning, and it all seems to run ok for me. Looking at your example output, it looks as though the datatype for the "media" property is wrong, are you sure it's pointing to UMP? There is basically no way that UMP should be giving you that value, as you say, it should be:

    <media><value dataTypeId="1079">13741349</value></media>

    Matt

  • Sebastian Dammark 549 posts 1289 karma points
    Nov 22, 2011 @ 15:07
    Sebastian Dammark
    0

    Hmmm ... I've attached a few screenshots, since I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

    1. Creating the data type

    2. Creating the media property

     

    3. Selecting the media from Vimeo

     

     

     

  • Matt Brailsford 3087 posts 16036 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Nov 22, 2011 @ 16:40
    Matt Brailsford
    0

    That all looks right to me, and is the steps I took to try and reproduce. I then just output the value of the field in a textarea. 

    I can't in my mind think under what circumstances it could every output that value, other than it thinking it's a different datatype control than it should, but from the screenshots, it would appear that it's right.

    I'm really stumped on this one :(

    Matt

  • Sebastian Dammark 549 posts 1289 karma points
    Nov 22, 2011 @ 22:31
    Sebastian Dammark
    0

    I can give you access to the site, backend and ftp if you want ?

    I can post it in a DM on twitter

  • Matt Brailsford 3087 posts 16036 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Nov 23, 2011 @ 08:35
    Matt Brailsford
    0

    Sure, I can take a look.

    Matt

  • Sebastian Dammark 549 posts 1289 karma points
    Nov 23, 2011 @ 10:33
    Sebastian Dammark
    0

    No worries ... I found the glitch.

    It never occured to me to try matching the the content of $currentPage in a textarea with the ouput from XMLDump.
    So the problem was actually with the XMLDump package.

    There is nothing like the good old <textarea> :)

  • Matt Brailsford 3087 posts 16036 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Nov 23, 2011 @ 10:34
    Matt Brailsford
    0

    Phew! I'm glad you found the problem, as that was a realy weird one.

    Nice debugging.

    Matt

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft