Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

  • Ben McKean 272 posts 549 karma points
    Feb 10, 2012 @ 13:02
    Ben McKean

    Can't see my libraries


    I've installed this package onto an Umbraco website and specified the connection string (which is working fine in another application) but I don't seem to be getting any results. If I tweak the connection string I get an error so it looks to me like its connecting fine but not displaying anything. The libraries I'm trying to access are in a subfolder so I've had to put that in the "Database" parameter on the connection string. Not sure if this has anything to do with it?

    The code in my template is

    <umbraco:Macro documentLibraries="" ConnectionString="SPConnectString" showUploadControls="1" showNewFolderControl="1" Alias="SharePointDocLib" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>


  • Eric Herlitz 97 posts 129 karma points
    Feb 10, 2012 @ 14:18
    Eric Herlitz


    What happens if you put a singular document library name there?

    In example

    <umbraco:MacrodocumentLibraries="Shared Documents" ConnectionString="SPConnectString"showUploadControls="1"showNewFolderControl="1" Alias="SharePointDocLib"runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>

     / Eric

  • Ben McKean 272 posts 549 karma points
    Feb 10, 2012 @ 14:22
    Ben McKean

    I tried that, I get an error

    Count cannot be less than zero.
    Parameter name: count

    Line 228: var myDoclib = new SharePointDocumentLibrary(); Line 229: myDoclib.ConnectionString = HttpContext.Current.Session["ConnectionString"].ToString(); Line 230: myDoclib.Fill(HttpContext.Current.Session["documentLibrary"].ToString());


  • Eric Herlitz 97 posts 129 karma points
    Feb 10, 2012 @ 15:03
    Eric Herlitz

    Hm, there is a dependency in this library (in the Camelot.UserControls.dll) to the Camelot .NET Connector. It might not be singed to work with the the latest version of the Connector, I'll let you know when I've rebuilt the project and tested it.

    However,  in some cases it might help to simply add a bindingRedirect to your web.config (in the runtime section)

    <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
    <assemblyIdentity name="Camelot.SharePointConnector" publicKeyToken="df3b3837162a8b6c" culture="neutral" />
    <bindingRedirect oldVersion="" newVersion="" />

    But it's far from always this works.

    I'll get back to you as soon as possible


  • Eric Herlitz 97 posts 129 karma points
    Feb 14, 2012 @ 21:44
    Eric Herlitz

    There is a new version of the Document Library Browser available now, version 1.1.


    The major change was that we made it compatible with the 1.1.1 version (and newer) of the Camelot .NET Connector.

    We also implemented a breadcrumb in this version



    Upgrading 1.0.x to 1.1


    If the uninstaller is missing (the package isn't listed among the "Installed Packages") ensure to remove this file

    * /css/SharePointDocLib.css

    If you can load document libraries but no documents are listed although there are documents in the library you probably need to update the Camelot .NET Connector to 1.1.1 or newer.

    If updating the connector, remember to restart iis (run IISRESET).

  • Ben McKean 272 posts 549 karma points
    Feb 16, 2012 @ 09:56
    Ben McKean

    That seems to work great.

    Thanks Eric.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to: