Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • trfletch 595 posts 571 karma points
    Apr 19, 2010 @ 15:38
    trfletch
    0

    Changing Autofolder field means link no longer works

    Hi,

    I am using Autofolders 2.2 on an Umbraco V4.03 site and I thought it was working fine but I have noticed that if I change the property that relates to Autofolders such as the date in a date picker then the node moves to the correct folder in the Content tree and if I look at the properties of the node then the URL appears to be correct but if I click on the URL to view the node then I receive an Umbraco page saying it does not exist. If I then right like on the top level Content node and select "Republish entire site" to clear the cache then the new link works. Does anyone know how to get around this issue without having to "Republish entire site" everytime because I don't wan't to have to ask the customer to manually do this if they make a change.

  • Petr Snobelt 923 posts 1532 karma points
    Apr 19, 2010 @ 16:08
    Petr Snobelt
    0

    If parent folders exists, save and publish can fix it.

    Petr

  • trfletch 595 posts 571 karma points
    Apr 19, 2010 @ 16:22
    trfletch
    0

    Hi Petr,

    Thanks for the response, regardless of whether the parent folder exists or not the link does not work even if I save and publish. I even tried clicking on the node in the new location and clicking save and publish but the link still does not work (if you go to the old URL then you can view the page). The only want to get it to work is to as I said above "Republish the entire site" or unpublish the node then republish it again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft