Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Mark 116 posts 248 karma points
    Aug 17, 2015 @ 09:28
    Mark
    0

    Wrong location being imported to

    I have a rather complicated series of import steps set up, all are working as they should be and have been tested.

    I want to change the import location as I will be importing similar content to a separate node (I am importing menu items for a restaurant, and need to be able to import multiple menus to different nodes).

    For some reason, even when I change the location, all imports are going to the original location that I used and new menus are not being filled in.

    I'm running CMS Import 3.1.1 on Umbraco 7.2.8 with an SQL CE backend (this will be upgraded to SQL Express/Web prior to going into production).

    What could be causing this? I have tried deleting the location in the import steps, running through and saving the step, then goig back and putting in my new location in case it was somehow saving the original location and also restarting IIS/IIS Express and rebuilding my solution, but this has not helped.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Mark

  • Richard Soeteman 3615 posts 11025 karma points MVP
    Aug 17, 2015 @ 09:36
    Richard Soeteman
    0

    Hi Mark,

    This is because you selected update and the relation is found for an existing document. What you could do is either delete the records from the old location, disable updates or clear the CMSImportRelation table.

    Hope this helps,

    Richard

  • Mark 116 posts 248 karma points
    Aug 17, 2015 @ 09:40
    Mark
    0

    That makes sense.. Thank you..

    I guess I'll have to disable updates on each step for this to work, not just the parent one?

    Deleting all child nodes being imported won't be an option as these menus will need to be updated throughout the year. Creating a new one each time is fine, but deleting the old ones first isn't going to be an option.

    At least it's not a bug, my bad there.

    Thanks again,

    Mark

  • Mark 116 posts 248 karma points
    Aug 17, 2015 @ 09:36
    Mark
    0

    As a side note, I do have a custom Import Provider Record Importing event that this validating data and cancelling an import if certain criteria aren't met, not sure if this would have any bearing on it, but having run through the debugger, the sending content is definitely under the wrong (original) node.

  • Richard Soeteman 3615 posts 11025 karma points MVP
    Aug 17, 2015 @ 11:41
    Richard Soeteman
    0

    If your other data has different key info then it will work also. Your event is called after the document is retrieved so that makes sense.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft