Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
Umb 8.12.2 CMSImport V4.1.1
Not sure if this is a bug or I'm doing something wrong, so here goes:-
TLDR; Items are imported under the wrong location.
I have a site structure like so:-
docType A is a very simple set of textBoxes.
Importing from CSV files, I have an Import Definition for Container 1/Docking which has it's Location set to Home/Container 1/Docking. It imports all three Greeting Pages correctly.
I have another Import Definition for Container 2/Greeting which has it's Location set to Home/Container 2/Greeting. It Imports 0 but says it's Updated 3.
On close inspection the Import Definition for Container 2 has updated the Greeting Pages under Container 1. There is nothing in Container 2/Greeting.
I've checked everything I can think of and so I want to know if this is a bug or do I need some special configuration. Here's the Summary for the import definitions, differences in brackets:-
Select a file: CMS-Content-Container1-Standard-Screen-Docking.csv (CMS-Content-Container2-Standard-Screen-Greeting.csv)
Field Separator: ,
Text Indicator: "
Location: Docking (Greeting)
DocumentType: Standard Screen Block
Auto publish: Yes
Enable content updates: Yes
When the record already exists: Update record
Select primary key in datasource: Screen Name
Delete old records: Yes
Enable recursive imports: No
Name - Screen Name
Title Text1 - Title Text1
Title Text2 - Title Text2
Body Text1 - Body Text1
Body Text2 - Body Text2
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
You are propably using the same primary key and value for the second tree. CMSImport finds the relation based on primarykey and value then finds the first imported documents and map those. If you make sure the id's are unique it should be ok
Hope this helps,
I just tried that and while the definitions now import into their correct locations (thanks), they only import the last of the three items in the CSV. The finished report shows:-
Records in datasource: 3
Records added: 1
Records updated: 2
I checked the Recycle bin was empty first, just in case.
I have no idea what it's "updated" as all other records appear to be correct.
The primary key for the 3 records is the same (but different per definition!). It's just the name of the parent container.
It checks the CMSImportRelation table. If you can send me the two files I can check what is wrong.
Thanks for looking at the files for me and the advice.
What I ended up doing was ensuring every node to be imported had a unique name and also made sure I used the same item name for the Select Primary Key and the Name selections.
All is working now. But I'm still wondering if I really needed to rename everything. If the Location could be made part of the ID being tracked then the fact that pages have the same name may not matter as much.
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted