Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Mark Bennett 199 posts 375 karma points
    Oct 09, 2014 @ 23:23
    Mark Bennett
    0

    SEO Checker version 1.8 issues with the framework?

    Hi,

    I installed SEO checker into my new site that is based around the Hybrid framework and it doesn't want to work anymore :(

    I then upgraded the SEO checker from 1.6.1 to 1.8 in the Hybrid Framework solution to check if it was just me (copied across the new Dlls into the Extensions project and rebuilt) and the website no longer runs.

    I have a slightly different error on my system now as i've been copying dll's from the seo checker zip file directly into my project which seems to have got rid of the issue above.

    Any help resolving this greatly appreciated as always.

    Mark..

  • Richard Soeteman 3616 posts 11026 karma points MVP
    Oct 10, 2014 @ 12:41
    Richard Soeteman
    0

    Hi,

    Can you remove the Legacy Seochecker dll's I think you have a few in there as well? Curious what caused the first error.

    Best,

    Richard

  • Mark Bennett 199 posts 375 karma points
    Oct 10, 2014 @ 12:58
    Mark Bennett
    0

    Richard,

    I'm wondering if the Extensions project maybe had a lock on the old dll's somehow. I'll take another look when I get a chance over the weekend and come back to you..

    Cheers,
    Mark. 

  • Mark Bennett 199 posts 375 karma points
    Nov 06, 2014 @ 17:59
    Mark Bennett
    100

    Richard,

    Just thought I'd follow up on this so I can close it all up.

    It all seems to have been my fault and as you say once I cleared up the SEOchecker dll's the issues went away.. have to remember to take the new SEO checker dll's that sit in the site bin folder and copy into the bin folder in the Hybrid framework extensions project...

    I think I put my system into a bit of a state due to the following.

    I installed SEO Checker while running Umbraco through Visual Studio. The install caused the following error:
     

    I think at this point on the first install I stopped the application which is why it all went horribly wrong. I got the error on a second attempt but just continued and all was fine with the world.

    Cheers,
    Mark.. 

     

  • Richard Soeteman 3616 posts 11026 karma points MVP
    Nov 06, 2014 @ 18:08
    Richard Soeteman
    0

    Great that it's solved Mark. Yeah assemblies can't live with and without them ;-)

    Thanks,

    Richard

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft