This package is a custom field for umbraco Contour, which allows you to create Matrix Style questions on your Contour forms.
Say you want to have one question with multiple sub questions and answers; you can use the MatrixList for Contour to do this.
How would you rate our service in regards to...
Strong | Good | Average | Poor
Ease of use
Friendliness of our staff
This type of question would be difficult to represent in Contour without having to create multiple questions.
1) Download the package and source code (if you want to add the css styling)
2) Install the package into your umbraco install
3) Open the file [Clarity.MatrixList]/umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour/css/style.css, and copy the content into the corresponding file in your umbraco installation.
4) The file [Clarity.MatrixList]/css/MatrixStyle.css contains basic table stying for the MatrixList control that you can choose to copy into your sites style sheet.
1) Add the MatrixList to your contour form. Please note that the mandatory checkbox can not be used, as the MatrixList control is always mandatory.
2) Click the “edit items” link to add sub questions, answers and row headers.
Prefixing your pre-value with [q], [a] or [h] will create a new question (row), answer (column) or row header (row span) pre-value item respectively. No space is needed between the prefix and value.
How is the data stored:
Each sub question is stored as a separate value in the format of Question 1: Answer 1
When the data is exported, the format will be Question 1: Answer 1; Question 2: Answer 3; Question 3: Answer 2 ...
- I have tested this for umbraco 4.0.3 and Contour 1.0.9, but it should work fine with other umbraco/Contour installations.
Please feel free to give feedback on the forum below :)
- Showing how to install, and use the package - http://vimeo.com/11372756
#### If you like this package, please vote it up ####