This package integrates Glimpse into an Umbraco website. Glimpse is a developer tool for viewing server-side data in a client side UI (similar to Firebug). Please visit the official Glimpse project website (http://www.getglimpse.com) for full details and documentation.
In addition to the out-of-the-box data that Glimpse exposes, the uGlimpse package adds a custom plugin which exposes some underlying Umbraco data so that a developer can quickly view details about the current page. This includes things such as property data, child nodes and the underlying node Xml (useful for those who are using Xslt macros).
Glimpse is still in beta. The code created for the uGlimpse plugin will work with version 0.87; however the API may change before RTW release.
- Dashboard in developer section to enable/disable Glimpse for a site and specify further client IP addresses
- Custom Umbraco plugin for Glimpse which exposes some useful underlying data for the current page
- Lightweight log file viewer which will display the 50 most recent events from the Umbraco log table
This package has been tested on
- Umbraco 4.7.1 + 4.7.2
- IIS 7.5
This is an early beta and would not be recommended for production environments. Open for collaboration - source code is hosted on BitBucket. Any feedback or bug reports much appreciated.
Changes in 0.2 release: (current)
- Minor bug fixes including check for Umbraco context in uGlimpse plugin
- Cosmetic tweaks to settings page UI