uSiteBuilder is a framework made for .NET developers to
simplify, speedup and take Umbraco development to the next level.
The aim of this framework is to reduce developer interaction with
Umbraco back-end (browser based development), to create Umbraco
websites in a more .NET way and to automate deployments.
The main features of the framework will allow you to:
- Design your document types as classes in Visual Studio.
- Design your templates as master pages in Visual Studio.
- Use code-behind in your templates.
- No xslts and no macros.
- Use strongly typed templates to render a specific document
- Use strongly typed user controls to render a specific document
Because of these functionalities you get the following:
- Compile-time error checks for document types and
- Source controlled document types, templates, user controls
- Support for Unit testing and Continuous Integration.
- Ability to work on large scale projects with multiple team
members each having his/her own installation and database.
- Support for automated deployments.
- Much easier code maintenance since development through Umbraco
website is reduced to minimum.