Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Bruno 23 posts 53 karma points
    Mar 10, 2016 @ 08:25
    Bruno
    0

    Report shows no changes while import always has many changes executed

    After facing problems using usync previously with a running site, i decided to do some tests to find out what is going on. i use nuget to install both umbraco and usync packages.

    clean install : umbraco 7.34, usync [BackOffice: 3.0.4.0] [Core: 5.2.0.0]

    on deployed site: report 57 changes import gives 57 items 25 changes

    Now every time i run import i get the same "changes", is this the expected behavior ? The general idea i imagined was import should only apply changes, it is what comes after the "report".

    Is there something wrong in my setup ?

  • Kevin Jump 1492 posts 9558 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Mar 10, 2016 @ 11:39
    Kevin Jump
    0

    Hi

    yeah, report should only tell you what is going to change on import :( have you got an example of something that is reported as a change but isn't?

    so the import and report numbers should be the same,

    there are some situations where the changes never go away, these are usually because something else is missing,

    so for example if you don't have all the required property editors then some of the data types might not be created properly, and then the doctypes won't get all their properties because a property type is missing.

    also, if you don't copy the template files over (e.g. the views folder) templates might not create and that too has a knock on effect with doctypes.

  • Bruno 23 posts 53 karma points
    Mar 10, 2016 @ 12:36
    Bruno
    0

    Thanks for replying.

    After i done the above testing, i tried latest usync with umb 7.4, and actually it worked perfectly. i will try to add other packages (archetype, LeBlender, doctype...) to make sure all play nicely together...

    For the above testing, that was barebone umbraco 7.34 installed using nuget with usync 3.041 also installed using nuget. (i specifically chose this versions cause i am having problems with a running site using with same versions installed)

    Report gives me 57 items, no changes Import gives me 57 items, 25 changes, all with checkmarks, running import again will give same result.

    ApprovedColor.config    IDataTypeDefinition Update  
    CheckboxList.config IDataTypeDefinition Update  
    ContentPicker.config    IDataTypeDefinition Update  
    DatePicker.config   IDataTypeDefinition Update  
    DatePickerWithTime.config   IDataTypeDefinition Update  
    Dropdown.config IDataTypeDefinition Update  
    DropdownMultiple.config IDataTypeDefinition Update  
    FolderBrowser.config    IDataTypeDefinition ...
    

    Basically i am trying to investigate what could be wrong, since it is barebone install, i think it would be easy to investigate and pin point the problem.

  • Kevin Jump 1492 posts 9558 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Apr 06, 2016 @ 14:00
    Kevin Jump
    0

    Hi

    the latest release of uSync (3.1.2) has some fixes in it to hopefully make these false changes go away, give us a shot if you have time to try it and these changes still show up.

    Kevin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft