Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Owain Williams 421 posts 1273 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jul 18, 2017 @ 21:02
    Owain Williams
    0

    Root element is missing

    Hi
    I installed uSync via Nuget tonight and initially everything was working great. But I downloaded the uSync folder to my local machine and I now get this error message. I've even downloaded the entire site and DB again to see if I could fix it but nothing. If I remove the uSync dlls from the bin folder then I can access my site and everything works fine, except uSync, obviously. Any ideas what might cause this and how to fix? Thanks

     Root element is missing. 
        Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 
    
        Exception Details: System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
    
        Source Error: 
    
        An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 
    
    
    Stack Trace: 
    
    
    [XmlException: Root element is missing.]
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e) +88
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent() +1611
       System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent() +100
       System.Xml.Linq.XElement.Load(XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options) +37
       System.Xml.Linq.XElement.Load(String uri, LoadOptions options) +99
       Jumoo.uSync.BackOffice.Handlers.DataTypeHandler.Import(String filePath, Boolean force) +197
       Jumoo.uSync.BackOffice.Handlers.uSyncBaseHandler`1.ImportFolder(String folder, Boolean force, Dictionary`2 updates) +227
       Jumoo.uSync.BackOffice.Handlers.uSyncBaseHandler`1.ImportFolder(String folder, Boolean force, Dictionary`2 updates) +663
       Jumoo.uSync.BackOffice.Handlers.uSyncBaseHandler`1.ImportAll(String folder, Boolean force) +413
       Jumoo.uSync.BackOffice.uSyncBackOfficeContext.Import(IEnumerable`1 syncHandlers, String folder, Boolean checkConfig, Boolean force, String groupName) +530
       Jumoo.uSync.BackOffice.uSyncBackOfficeContext.Import(String groupName, String folder, Boolean force) +1045
       Jumoo.uSync.BackOffice.uSyncBackOfficeContext.ImportAll(String folder, Boolean force) +123
       Jumoo.uSync.BackOffice.uSyncApplicationEventHandler.Setup() +298
    
  • Kevin Jump 1769 posts 11367 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jul 19, 2017 @ 08:33
    Kevin Jump
    101

    Hi

    it sounds like you have corrupted (or empty?) usync files in the DataTypes folder ? not finding the root element, probibly means the xml isn't well formed or the file is empty.

    if you up the logging by putting the following in config/log4net.conifg

      <logger name="Jumoo.uSync">
        <level value="DEBUG" />
      </logger>
    

    then you will get more logging and it might pinpoint the exact file that is causing the issue.

  • Owain Williams 421 posts 1273 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jul 19, 2017 @ 20:59
    Owain Williams
    0

    Thanks Kevin.

    I had a look in the logs and nothing obvious was thrown up so what I did was delete all the data in the uSync/data folder on my local dev environment, booted up my site with no issues then downloaded each individual folder from live to dev and did a manual import via the uSync dashboard. All seems to be up and running again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft