Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Russell McGinnis 48 posts 183 karma points
    Aug 13, 2014 @ 00:11
    Russell McGinnis

Articulate not at the root of Content...

I would like to integrate an Articulate blog into an existing site, that would mean that the root Content node would NOT be an Articulate document type. Instead I would create a "News" document, of type 'Articulate' under the existing root and then an "Article" document of type 'Articulate Archive'.

I have experimented with this and the only issues I am seeing is that the rss feed is not being found - 404 page not found. Is this due to a limitation or a configuration error ?

I read a recent post that discusses that "ArticulateRoutes.cs" essentially assumes that the 'Articulate' document is at the root and has problems with hostnames, but wondering if this was something similar ?

Thanks

Russell

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Aug 13, 2014 @ 12:57
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

Not really related, but this topic might give you some tips: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/starter-kits/articulate/discussions/54733-Articulate-integration-in-existing-site

Jeroen

Aug 13, 2014 @ 20:06
    Russell McGinnis

Thanks Jeroen, unfortunately that topic really only covers the thorny issue of theme views and how to setup the correct inheritance to get things working with an existing master page. A very useful post though !

What I am looking to do is not have the "Articluate" document at the root of my site, but one level down. This works in a basic fasion i.e.

I add an Articulate document under my root Content node, call it News,

I rename the Articulate Archive document called Archive to Articles.

I can then access the blog via mylocalurl/news and posts come under mylocalurl/news/articles/article-name

However I have lost access to the RSS feed which cannot be found (404 response) when trying to access at:

mylocalurl/news/rss or mylocalurl/rss

Any ideas ?

Russell

Aug 14, 2014 @ 20:08
    Russell McGinnis

Actually I think this has become more of the same issue from  http://our.umbraco.org/projects/starter-kits/articulate/discussions/54733-Articulate-integration-in-existing-site which is - if you use hostnames then when Articulate is setting up its routes, the Node.Url that it uses contains the full path.

I resorted to changing the code for setting up the routes to use Node.UrlName instead.

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Aug 21, 2014 @ 02:45
    Shannon Deminick

You can have Articulate running at any level in your site but you have to make sure that the content structure is correct (the structure is auto created when you create an articulate root node)

Must be like this (based on document type alias)

• Articulate
      • ArticulateArchive
        • The list view items in here are ArticulateRichText or ArticuateMarkdown
      • ArticulateAuthors
        • The list view items in here are ArticulateAuthor

You can have this structure placed anywhere in your site and you can have multiples of these structures too. The only caveat for multiple blog roots is that the tags and categories would be shared among blog roots - need to create a new feature for that so this can be optional.

I'll see if i can replicate the RSS issue, but if you can tell me if this is an issue based on assigning domains or if this occurs even without them?

Aug 21, 2014 @ 20:12
    Russell McGinnis

Shannon, I found specifically that it was caused by setting the Hostname in Umbraco. This caused the Node.Url parameter to contain the full path to the node, including the http etc. and when setting up the routes, it could not handle the full path.

Russell

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Sep 04, 2014 @ 20:48
    Jeavon Leopold

I have just hit this issue with the RSS feed. Pull Request for the fix submitted also, I couldn't think of a reason for the DescendentOrSelf(1)

Sep 05, 2014 @ 01:16
    Shannon Deminick

I'm not sure :) I'll have to have a look.

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Sep 05, 2014 @ 10:25
    Jeavon Leopold

I've tried it both as root and as a child of a level 1 node and seems to be ok either way

Sep 10, 2014 @ 03:52
    Shannon Deminick

Cool, have merged that in, maybe this fri I can try to get a patch release out.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft