Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Maff 141 posts 465 karma points
    Oct 30, 2014 @ 07:53
    Maff

Installing Articulate breaks Contour

Hi,

I just installed Contour on a v7.1.8 project where I already have Articulate installed, and every time I submit a Contour form I get this:

If I uninstall Articulate, Contour works as planned.

Has anyone else seen this, and can you suggest a fix?

Thanks,

Maff

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5269 karma points MVP 2x
    Oct 30, 2014 @ 07:54
    Shannon Deminick

Looks like Contour is trying to post data to the wrong place

Oct 30, 2014 @ 08:01
    Maff

Hi Shannon,

If I remove the Articulate.dll from the bin folder, Contour works as expected. Putting the DLL back in breaks it...

So it doesn't look like a Contour problem?

Thanks,

Maff

Oct 30, 2014 @ 08:02
    Shannon Deminick

It'll be a contour problem, it's clearly trying to post to the wrong place. I'm not sure how it's underlying routing works or how it creates it's form tag. How are you rendering your contour form?

Oct 30, 2014 @ 08:11
    Maff

Hi,

I'm just adding it into the body text through the "Insert Macro" function in the Rich Text Editor...

It looks like when Arcitulate isn't there, the action isn't being set on the Contour form. But when Articulate is there, the form action is being set to that ...metaweblog... Url.

Form tag without Articulate:

Form tag with Articulate:

Cheers,

Maff

Oct 30, 2014 @ 08:13
    Shannon Deminick

We'll have to find out from Tim/Per how they are rendering the form tag in Contour. There shouldn't really ever be an empty 'action' attribute, so I'm not sure what logic they are using to create the action url.

• Nik Wahlberg 639 posts 1237 karma points MVP
    Nov 11, 2014 @ 02:06
    Nik Wahlberg

Hey Shannon, someone posted this on GitHub. 

https://github.com/Shandem/Articulate/issues/12

What is he referring to that was uncommented? We're seeing the same issue in one of our recent project. 

Thanks,
    Nik  

Nov 18, 2014 @ 07:42
    Shannon Deminick

I'm assuming he's just build articulate from the code and commented out the metawebblog routes.

Can someone please post the code of how you are rendering your contour form in your view?

Nov 18, 2014 @ 08:44
    Shannon Deminick

Managed to figure out what was going on. The metaweblog route is not a typical route, it routes to its own route handler (not mvc or webapi), therefore there are no default route options and no default constraints. The route that contour uses is:

@using (Html.BeginForm("ContourForm", "FormRender", FormMethod.Post, new { enctype = "multipart/form-data" }))

Which i can only assume gets registered after the metaweblog one, and then the urlhelper attempts to locate the FormRenderController.ContourForm action url, but gets the metaweblog one because it has no url gen constraints.

Anyways, it's fixed now and pushed. I'll try to get a new articulate version out at the end of the week.

Nov 18, 2014 @ 10:17
    Maff

Awesome debugging skills Shannon - thanks! :)

• Nik Wahlberg 639 posts 1237 karma points MVP
    Nov 18, 2014 @ 13:00
    Nik Wahlberg

Awesome Shannon, thanks. For now, we just ended up overwriting the action attribute on controur forms using an ugly JS hack. 

Cheers,
    Nik  

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft