Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rawdon 6 posts 65 karma points
    Jan 29, 2015 @ 23:32
    Rawdon

Articulate USync issue ?

After using USync to run in a new document type set to "Enable List View" into a target database, it is not possible to access newly created content like Archive for those document types. The backoffice throws a not found error, grabbed from Fiddler as:

"Message":"An error has occurred.","ExceptionMessage":"Object reference not set to an instance of an object.","ExceptionType":"System.NullReferenceException","StackTrace":"   at Umbraco.Web.Models.Mapping.TabsAndPropertiesResolver.AddListView[TPersisted](TabbedContentItem`2 display, String entityType, IDataTypeService dataTypeService)\r\n   at Umbraco.Web.Models.Mapping.ContentModelMapper.AfterMap(IContent content, ContentItemDisplay display, IDataTypeService dataTypeService)\r\n   at AutoMapper.TypeMap.b__1(Object src, Object dest)\r\n   at AutoMapper.Mappers.TypeMapObjectMapperRegistry.PropertyMapMappingStrategy.Map(ResolutionContext context, IMappingEngineRunner mapper)\r\n   at AutoMapper.Mappers.TypeMapMapper.Map(ResolutionContext context, IMappingEngineRunner mapper)\r\n   at AutoMapper.MappingEngine.AutoMapper.IMappingEngineRunner.Map(ResolutionContext context)"

Switching off "Enable List View" allows access to the content, but switching back on again and you get the same error.

The one difference I can see to the originating database (where everything works fine), is that in the Structure section of the doc type, where you set as List View, the originating database shows "List View - Content  (Default) " and a button to "Create Custom List View" whereas the target database shows "List View - Content" (without the default) and button to "Remove Custom List View". Clicking this button actually deletes the main content list view (I ran it back in with Usync), so it seems to be linked to the right data type- but something seems to be missing...

Are there any known issues with USync and document types enabled as List View? I've searched and not found anything.

Versions- Umbraco 7.2.1 / USync 2.2.6 (rolled back from USync 2.4.4 due to Issue 60391-Document-type-properties-for-custom-data-types

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Jan 29, 2015 @ 23:33
    Shannon Deminick

Don't think i can be of much help, I know absolutely nothing about Usync, sorry!

Jan 29, 2015 @ 23:35
    Shannon Deminick

The discrepency you are seeing is because you haven't synced your data types. Don't think your problem has anything to do with articulate, sounds like uysnc issue with the latest umbraco versions not syncing list view data types for a given doc type.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jan 29, 2015 @ 23:38
    Dennis Aaen

Hi RAwdon and welcome to our :-),

There is a post about the same topic where Danny Powell experiencing the same issue as you with the enabled list view. Try to see it here.
    http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/usync/usync/60910-USync-issue-with-Doc-Types-enabled-as-List-View

/Dennis

Jan 30, 2015 @ 00:04
    Rawdon

thanks for all your help :) i thought i would try here as it was when using Articulate which uses "Enable List View" when we first saw the issue, the link you gave is actually from one of  the guy i work with lol =) i think i found a work around and you were right i had to manually create the data types "List View - ArticulateArchive" & "List View - ArticulateAuthors"  this then pulled though into the document type "Articulate Authors" and after saving both data types and saving the document type this seems to have resolved the issue, not sure what happen when usync net runs in hoping it doesn’t cause the data typed not link properly, hopefully this help anyone else with same issue. Alternatively you can simply temperedly switch off "Enable List View" and that fix it too...thanks for all the help :D

Jan 30, 2015 @ 00:10
    Shannon Deminick

I've added a null ref check in the codebase for this circumstance so at least you'll get a better idea of what has gone wrong.

Jan 30, 2015 @ 00:17
    Rawdon

kewl that be massively helpful as was a real pain to work out why we could access the archive item in umbraco when trying to create a blog =)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft