Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Owain Williams 479 posts 1410 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Mar 23, 2015 @ 11:47
    Owain Williams

How to back date a blog post?

Hi, 
    I'm currently manually moving old blog posts from Orchard CMS over to Umbraco Articulate and I was wondering, how do I back date a post?

What I want to do is copy the content from my original post and make the created date be the date I originally posted it. Not, for example, today's date. 

I tried changing the information within the post but it still shows on my blog as posted / created today. 

Thanks,

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Mar 23, 2015 @ 19:21
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Owain,

Perhaps you should take a look CMS Import package https://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/cmsimport from Soeteman Software

WIth this package you can import content or members from any datasource into Umbraco. The following datasources are supported by default:

• Access Database
    • BlogML
    • CSV
    • Excel File
    • RSS Feed
    • SQL Server
    • Umbraco
    • WordPress
    • XML

There is a free edition, and a pro edition, you can see the difference between free and pro features here. http://soetemansoftware.nl/cmsimport/features

Hope the CMS import could be option for you to solve your problem.

/Dennis

• Owain Williams 479 posts 1410 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Mar 23, 2015 @ 23:26
    Owain Williams

Thanks, this seems to be the standard reply on here :) I was just looking at ways to do it myself.

I've now ran CMSImport, after creating the SQL command that I needed and it does seem to have worked.

• mike 90 posts 258 karma points
    Mar 24, 2015 @ 03:54
    mike

I guess you could have added the create date to an additional property then after import ran a loop to update create dates to the date in property.

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5269 karma points MVP 2x
    Mar 24, 2015 @ 23:19
    Shannon Deminick

Hi Owain,

Each blog post has a manual date field called "Published Date" it exists directly under the 'Excerpt' field - you'll see it. Just change that. The blog date has nothing to do with Umbraco's internal create/publish dates.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft