Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig O'Mahony 364 posts 918 karma points
    May 18, 2015 @ 10:32
    Craig O'Mahony

Show all posts by authors

Hi all,

Firstly top package love it. Quick question I was wondering if there's a way to show all posts by a particular author?

Thanks,

Craig

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    May 18, 2015 @ 10:36
    Shannon Deminick

Sure, all posts just have a string property of the author name so you just filter by that value. Where are you looking to show this list?

May 18, 2015 @ 10:41
    Craig O'Mahony

Thanks Shannon.

It's basically a page that just shows the posts by the Author, in much the same way that I can list posts by Category or Tags. 

Also (while I've got your attention!) i can see that i create Authors and, obviosuly, create posts is there a way (other than typing the Author name in the posts) to associate authors to posts?

thanks again,

Craig

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    May 18, 2015 @ 10:50
    Shannon Deminick

Depending on how you want to render this page, you might have to create a custom route for it, similar to how the tags/categories/etc... is displayed (since they aren't real umbraco pages).

I suppose the route could be like /authors/{author}

There's a feature request for this already: https://github.com/Shazwazza/Articulate/issues/10 It would be pretty straight forward from an articulate core perspective.

Otherwise, not sure how familiar you are with routing and virtual nodes? The source for articulate routes isn't tremendously helpful for that because it's quite complex due to supporting multi-tenancy (if you need that too then the routing will also be more complicated)

I think your other author questions might be covered here:

May 18, 2015 @ 11:06
    Craig O'Mahony

ok brilliant, I shall read up on those. I'm not great with the whole MVC structure (coming from Web Forms and learning as I go along!)

• Matthew Kirschner 323 posts 611 karma points
    Sep 08, 2016 @ 18:21
    Matthew Kirschner

Hi, Craig.

Old topic, but I was hoping you could share your solution to getting a custom page route in Articulate.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft