Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonathan 6 posts 39 karma points
    Aug 09, 2015 @ 00:27
    Jonathan

Install overwrites media nodes 1007, 1008 and 1011?

Doing some POC on using Articulate in a project. It appears that Articulate 1.0.9 installation writes over existing media nodes with the sample images of persons in animal masks.

On my installation, it added the sample images into the media folders for nodes 1007, 1008 and 1011 and also updated the xml in cmsContentXml to point to the new image name.

Then, when uninstalling the package it removed ALL the images from the above numbered media folders.

I assume it removed the nodeIds and references to cmsContentXml, but I didn't specifically check. I've since reinstalled Articulate (this is what revealed the overwriting of media, when I discovered broken image links on the site).

Not a deal breaker, I'm looking forward to using Articulate and think our client will appreciate the clean interface. Just reporting some curious behavior on an otherwise solid package.

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Aug 27, 2015 @ 13:27
    Shannon Deminick

When articulate installs media, it is installed with the standard Umbraco package, Articulate itself performs no logic regarding the installation of media.

The package contents for Articulate for media is:

<file>~/media/1008/random-mask.jpg</file>
      <file>~/media/1007/capture3.png</file>
      <file>/media/1011/7406981406_1aff1cb527_o.jpg</file>

So Umbraco will install/uninstall these files when the package is installed/uninstalled.

I can update the package manifest to install them to /media/articulate instead so it doesn't muck with the Umbraco numbered folders.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft