Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jesper 4 posts 74 karma points
    Jan 30, 2016 @ 18:41
    Jesper

Umbraco 7 + Articulate with Azure problem

Hellow

im completley new to CMS.. ive spend a week or so toying with Umbraco alone. I wanna get started with Articulate... soo. i got an azure SQL db and an azure web app where i use Web Deploy too...

I start an empty asp.net web app up in VC... install-package umbracoCms. start debug up and run throught the custom configuration where i connect to my database and install without a starter page. I proceed to install the articulate package throught the backoffice..

Everything works fine in debug.. but when i publish i get this error message: The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

now im a complete mess about what to include and what not too include . actually i dont even know if it matters or not?

Ive tried including the app_plugins folder but then i get all kinds of errors duo too all the web.config files?

Can anyone guide me through how to make this work :(

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jan 30, 2016 @ 22:41
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Jesper,

Can you look at umbraco log ? Maybe you will find some description of problem there ? /App_Data/Logs/

THanks

• Jesper 4 posts 74 karma points
    Jan 31, 2016 @ 09:51
    Jesper

I tried another approach.. i learned from a mate that i shouldnt include anything, that VS didnt include when doing the package install... so going against a tutorial i watched.. i didnt touch the folder structure.. i just published it bare with umbraco only.

Then i install articulate on the published site.. everything worked great there.. Then i installed it locally.. published again and everything worked great still... So i got it working .. And from my understanding, i only wanna include stuff in my solution, that i edit or make myself.. so if i decide to make a theme i should include that and so on..

correct me if im doing it wrong please :)

• Martijn Duizendstra 18 posts 113 karma points
    Mar 02, 2016 @ 11:00
    Martijn Duizendstra

A good practice is indeed to not include packages in your source control. Whenever you want to install an Umbraco package, check if there's a Nuget Package available, these will be installed when you deploy to Azure.

I haven't found a very good solution for Umbraco internal packages however. You could install locally and then again on the server after you deploy, but this will break your code when you would deploy to a fresh location or whenever a colleague will checkout your code and run it on his machine.

What I did (and what worked so far) is: Make sure you have your project in source control. Run your solution in Visual Studio, install the local package you want... and then check which files are added and modified.

There are couple of files/folder you shouldn't be adding to source control though. AppData is one of them, However the umbraco.config in AppData I am including as the only exception. App_Plugins is not included by default, I've included this folder as well.

I'm still figuring out stuff... so if anyone reads this and doesn't agree, please elaborate. I'm not a developer by profession ;-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft