Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Martijn Duizendstra 18 posts 113 karma points
    Mar 02, 2016 @ 10:50
    Martijn Duizendstra
    0

    Articulate won't load on local IIS (vs Azure)

    I am absolutely going bonkers here. I hope someone can help me out with this. I like to figure stuff out on my own... but this time I think I need some assistance.

    Over the last few months I've been setting up a multi-tenant Umbraco installation on Azure. The first site is up and running, everything peachy.

    I recently started development using IIS Local (so I could mimic multiple domains). I'm using 2 hostnames per site (sitename.int and the real domain name) and registered the local domain in my hosts file, added the local hostname to the Culture section, which already included the live domain name). So far so good, Local works, Azure works.

    But whenever I hit the blog page on the local dev-domain (Articulate is located 1 level down) I see the following error:

    Page not found    
    No template exists to render the document at url '/city-blog/'.
    In addition, no template exists to render the custom 404.
    This page can be replaced with a custom 404. Check the documentation for "custom 404".
    
    This page is intentionally left ugly ;-)
    

    In addition I've upgraded to Umbraco 7.4.1 last week. because before launch we discovered the 301 URL tracker was broken on 7.3.x. and we chose to use the 7.4.0 Beta.

    I've already created a new project, clean install with 7.4.1 and Articulate and that works. So it's not incompatibility between the two.

    Deploying to Azure works, I can load up the blog from there. Every other page works too on localhost, except Articulate.

    How can I best debug this? I've changed a lot of variables in the equation over the last period.

    Sorry if my post is a bit fuzzy... I'm just a lowly UX Designer who tries to code :P

  • Martijn Duizendstra 18 posts 113 karma points
    Mar 02, 2016 @ 11:51
    Martijn Duizendstra
    0

    Reinstalling Articulate seems to have fixed the problem. Yay!

  • Shannon Deminick 1502 posts 5145 karma points hq
    Mar 07, 2016 @ 09:36
    Shannon Deminick
    0

    Glad this sorted the issue for you, I'm sorry I can't really tell you what might have been the underlying problem.

  • Martijn Duizendstra 18 posts 113 karma points
    Jun 02, 2016 @ 14:27
    Martijn Duizendstra
    1

    Maybe useful for others running into this problem... I came across this blogpost after having the issue again.

    Scroll to the binary files section http://caveofcode.com/2016/03/how-to-setup-a-blog-using-umbraco/

    The problem is when you install as a package locally, checking everything in and publishing through a webdeploy that the DLL's required by Articulate are not published to Azure.

    So that sorta makes sense looking back because re-installing Articulate on the Azure app puts the required DLL's in the bin folder again, making everything work.

    A following publish of your app will then break everything again.

    TLDR;

    Put the following files under source control and make sure you publish them to Azure together with your app.

    • Articulate.dll
    • Argotic.Common.dll
    • Argotic.Extensions.dll
    • Argotic.Core.dll
    • Articulate.pdb
    • MarkdownDeep.dll
  • Ali Z 31 posts 173 karma points
    Mar 25, 2017 @ 18:44
    Ali Z
    0

    @Martijn Duizendstra: God bless you ! I lost almost 4 hours. I added the missing dll and it works now.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft