Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Owain Williams 479 posts 1410 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Mar 08, 2016 @ 11:46
    Owain Williams

Error when viewing the Document Type 'Articulate Post'

Found a problem with Articulate and U7.4.1 (I know its not a supported version but I did an upgrade and I thought everything was working fine, obviously missed this bit when testing).

When I try and access the document type 'Articulate Post' or 'Markdown' or 'Rich Text' I get the error below. Not sure where to start to try and fix it.

It's strange though because I can still post blog posts, make new blogs etc, it's just when I try and go in to the document type it errors.

An error occured

Mapping types:
         ContentType -> IEnumerable`1
         Umbraco.Core.Models.ContentType -> System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[[Umbraco.Web.Models.ContentEditing.PropertyGroupDisplay`1[[Umbraco.Web.Models.ContentEditing.PropertyTypeDisplay, umbraco, Version=1.0.5891.23243, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]], umbraco, Version=1.0.5891.23243, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]]

Destination path:
         DocumentTypeDisplay.Groups.Groups

Source value:
         Umbraco.Core.Models.ContentType

EXCEPTION DETAILS

AutoMapper.AutoMapperMappingException: 

Mapping types:
         ContentType -> IEnumerable`1
         Umbraco.Core.Models.ContentType -> System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[[Umbraco.Web.Models.ContentEditing.PropertyGroupDisplay`1[[Umbraco.Web.Models.ContentEditing.PropertyTypeDisplay, umbraco, Version=1.0.5891.23243, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]], umbraco, Version=1.0.5891.23243, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]]

Destination path:
         DocumentTypeDisplay.Groups.Groups

Source value:
         Umbraco.Core.Models.ContentType

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Mar 08, 2016 @ 15:26
    Shannon Deminick

Not sure what you mean by:

I know its not a supported version

It certainly is supported, Articulate just requires 7.3+ (see: https://github.com/shazwazza/articulate#minimum-requirements)

I can only assume you haven't built the solution? Or your upgrade isn't quite right.

Mar 08, 2016 @ 15:34
    Owain Williams

Hi Shannon,

Sorry, what I meant was on the list: https://our.umbraco.org/projects/starter-kits/articulate/ it has 7.4 greyed out so I presummed it was untested.

I just upgraded Umbraco from 7.3 to 7.4, is there any files that changed within Articulate to work with 7.4 that I should change?

Otherwise I will check my 7.4 upgrade.

Thanks for the quick reply.

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Mar 08, 2016 @ 16:27
    Shannon Deminick

nope, nothing needs to be changed. My site is running 7.4 + articulate: http://shazwazza.com

Mar 08, 2016 @ 16:42
    Owain Williams

Cheers Shannon.

I went back into the log files and something was going very strange with a failed uninstall of another package which has been uninstalled for over 6 months now!

I guess the upgrade kicked something off and it only affected the articulate documenttype somehow!

All fixed now.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft