Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christian A 24 posts 98 karma points c-trib
    Jun 10, 2016 @ 08:40
    Christian A

Posts by Tag / Posts by Category pages comes up without styling

Hello,

I installed Articulate 2.0.2 on a Umbraco 7.4.3 installation. When accessing the Posts by Tag / Posts by Category pages, the pages comes up without styling. I cannot seem to figure out why - and i visited other Articulate powered blogs that does not seem to have the problem.

Examples:

http://www.fishvibe.com/blog/tags/general

http://www.fishvibe.com/blog/kategorier/fishvibe

Any ideas what is going on?

// Christian

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Jun 10, 2016 @ 10:32
    Shannon Deminick

Try changing your web.config to enabled debug mode (debug=true)

Then you can see what assets are failing to load - currently it's using CDF to combine/minify your assets, with debug true you can see what the underlying issue is

Jun 10, 2016 @ 10:59
    Christian A

Hey Shannon,

Thanks for your reply. Now things are getting really interesting.

Enabling debug mode "fixes" the error and the pages shows up right. Disabling it again and it goes right back to the same error.

However the console shows an error when running debug=false not being able to fetch a depency from Dependencyhandler.aspx.

Jun 10, 2016 @ 11:08
    Christian A

It seems like i attemps to fetch the Dependencyhandler from the current URL www.xxx.com/blog/tags/DependecyHandler.aspx instead of fetching it from the root (which i can see happen at other blogs without the problem). It seems to do that throughout the blog and it works fine on all pages except these 2.

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Jun 10, 2016 @ 11:42
    Shannon Deminick

in debug mode, ClientDependency Framework (CDF) minifies, bundles, combines assets, this is used for the back office and some front-end templates (articulate does use this too). You must have some old, previously built assets. CDF heavily caches previously built asset bundles based on versions. To fix you can change the version value in /config/ClientDependency.config file to any integer (theoretically one that hasn't been used). You can also clear out your App_Data/TEMP/ClientDependency folder

Jun 14, 2016 @ 11:19
    Christian A

I already tried clearing the cache and updating the ClientDepency version number. It does not solve it. I can see it requests the same Bundle as for all the working pages, but for these 2 pages it gets a "not found" response. So it seems like there some routing messing up.

I will try to dig a bit more and see if i can find the problem.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft