Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian Goldberg 4 posts 74 karma points
    Jun 23, 2016 @ 17:53
    Brian Goldberg

Getting a 404 on categories suddenly

I have a website with umbraco 7.4.3 installed and Articulate package installed on it. It was all working, but now suddenly when I navigate to a category page I get the following: The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Looking in the logs I see this: 2016-06-23 17:50:44,276 [P5604/D4/T16] WARN Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule - Status code is 404 yet TrySkipIisCustomErrors is false - IIS will take over. How can I find the problem? Thanks in advance.

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Jun 27, 2016 @ 07:46
    Shannon Deminick

Is the category you are navigating to empty? Maybe you deleted all posts that had that category tagged? Does restarting your site make any difference?

Jun 27, 2016 @ 15:07
    Brian Goldberg

The categories are not empty. It is happening to every category page throughout the site. Restarting the site doesn't seem to help. One last piece of info that may or may not be useful is that the site is hosted on Azure. Thanks.

Jun 28, 2016 @ 07:10
    Shannon Deminick

Ok, you'll need to provide some more information please:

• does publishing a blog post with a category tagged 'fix' the issue?
    • what does your category URLs look like that are 404ing?
    • what is the tag category on the Articulate Categories Data Type?
    • What do you mean by 'suddenly'? As in you didn't do anything whatsoever, no publishing no changes, no nothing, at all and they stopped working ?
    Jun 28, 2016 @ 13:38
    Brian Goldberg

First off, I want to thank you for all your help.

--does publishing a blog post with a category tagged 'fix' the issue? No

--what does your category URLs look like that are 404ing? http://miamilakesautomallblogs.com/categories/Chevrolet

--what is the tag category on the Articulate Categories Data Type? Not quite sure what you mean by this, but I'll take a stab. The Articulate Categories Data Type is set to use property editor of tags, Property editor alias of Umbraco.Tags, Tag group of ArticulateCategories, and Storage Type of Csv.

--What do you mean by 'suddenly'? As in you didn't do anything whatsoever, no publishing no changes, no nothing, at all and they stopped working ? Some minor front end (HTML/CSS) changes were done to the themes and I redeployed the site to Azure. I have been doing a source compare to figure out what change could possibly have caused this and I'm turning up empty.

Jun 28, 2016 @ 17:26
    Shannon Deminick

Ok, that all seems fine, would be interesting to know what changes you had made. Any chance you've assigned a domain to a node or anything like that?

Jun 28, 2016 @ 17:54
    Brian Goldberg

--Any chance you've assigned a domain to a node or anything like that?

Well, off the root of the Umbraco installation is 3 separate domains, each with 2 domain names assigned. Based on your question, I removed the second domain name on each site, republished the entire site, and it's now working again. Is there a problem with having 2 domain names on a node?

Jun 28, 2016 @ 18:24
    Shannon Deminick

There shouldn't be but perhaps this is an issue with Articulate, not sure if I've tested that before.

If you could log an issue here: https://github.com/shazwazza/articulate/issues with steps to reproduce, that'd be super great.

Jul 01, 2016 @ 07:46
    Shannon Deminick

Looks like there is an issue there already for this: https://github.com/Shazwazza/Articulate/issues/141

Jul 04, 2016 @ 12:17
    Shannon Deminick

Fixed in latest 2.0.4: http://bit.ly/29beB49

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft