Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gordon Saxby 1444 posts 1855 karma points
    Jul 05, 2016 @ 12:45
    Gordon Saxby

cropped Images in content

I have just installed Articulate and added a couple of test posts, so I don't know if I've missed something...

I took some pictures on my phone and uploaded them to the media library. I then inserted a picture into a post (Markdown editor). The image displays fine but it is using the original image which is 3264px by 2448px.

Is it possible to use images from the Media library in a post and "crop" them to a more suitable size?

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Jul 05, 2016 @ 12:51
    Shannon Deminick

Hrm, the markdown editor isn't the most robust in Umbraco and could certainly do with some updates - one of them being a feature like this for inserting an image.

I haven't tried this but this might work. When you insert an image in the markdown editor, you'll get something like this:

! [enter image description here][1]

[ 1]:  /media/1013/helloworld.jpg

You might be able to append the cropping parameters to the image like:

/media/1013/helloworld.jpg?width=200

• Gordon Saxby 1444 posts 1855 karma points
    Jul 05, 2016 @ 13:06
    Gordon Saxby

Ah, OK - just tried it ... and it seems to work.

Is it possible to switch to the standard Umbraco editor? Would that be any better?

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Jul 05, 2016 @ 13:12
    Shannon Deminick

You can change it if you want but i don't think it will make any difference. The reason there is an Articulate specific one in there was because the core one had some issues. I think these have been fixed in latest core versions but i don't think there's any new features.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft