Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt Brown 62 posts 174 karma points
    Aug 22, 2016 @ 20:41
    Matt Brown

Installing and getting virtual path error in installer.ascx

I am installing Articulate 2.0.5 into Umbraco 7.4.3.

My Umbraco installation is at: localhost/onit/ and I am getting the following error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

The virtual path '/onit~/App_Plugins/Articulate/BackOffice/Installer.ascx' maps to another application, which is not allowed.

Is this because something in the installer is looking to install in the root and is unhappy that I am one folder down?

If so where can I modify the installer to go to the right place.

If that is not the problem, can anyone tell me what to do to get it installed right?

Aug 22, 2016 @ 21:03
    Matt Brown

More info. when I install the same package to a different install of Umbraco at the root of the server, the installation is perfect.

I think this is due to me having to keep my application one level down from the root. I would be very happy for any work arounds anyone might have here.

Aug 22, 2016 @ 23:54
    Matt Brown

OK I have it running, but not a good process. I cleared the root of my server which has several projects and a couple umbraco applications, and then moved the entire contents of my /onit/ folders to the root of the server, resarted the app and then installed Articulate to Umbraco in that state at the root, then I took all the files back to the onit folder and restarted the app and it all seems to be there, is taking new blog items and is serving correctly.

I think it would be nice to be able to install into multiple applications on the server in the future.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft