Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nathan Woulfe 447 posts 1664 karma points MVP 5x hq c-trib
    Sep 13, 2016 @ 21:27
    Nathan Woulfe

Post list on Blog node using master in /views

Trying to set up a simple blog within an existing site - I'm running the Articulate node as a child of my root content node, on my own theme where the layout is simply inherited from the site master page.

That works fine for the list and post views, but /blog redirects itself to /blog/archive - how can I set up so that /blog resolves to an actual page of content, using the properties on the root Articulate node? I really don't want the default blog view to be /blog/archive - I'd prefer not to have /archive accessible at all, if possible...

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Sep 14, 2016 @ 06:06
    Shannon Deminick

Hi,

I think what you are asking for is this: https://github.com/Shazwazza/Articulate/issues/148

Blog posts are just Umbraco content nodes, which have URLs based on the node hierarchy. You can of course change the url name of the 'Archive' node so that it is anything you want - there is a property on the General tab to do this. If you don't want that URL segment at all you have a few options as noted in that issue above:

• IIS Url rewriting rules
    • Create a custom IContentFinder (and if you did this you'd probably want a custom UrlProvider too so the URLs are constructed as the ones you want)

If that is not what you are asking - then I need to understand what you are referring too. Articulate doesn't redirect any content anywhere, for example if you install articulate and your content structure looks like:

• root
      • custom home page
      • articulate root
      • articulate archive
        • articulate blog post 1
        • articulate blog post 2

if you navigate to the articulate root, it will display the blog root. You cannot navigate to the articulate archive because it has no template assigned and therefore doesn't have a URL and is not routable, if you tried that you'll just get a 404.

• Nathan Woulfe 447 posts 1664 karma points MVP 5x hq c-trib
    Sep 14, 2016 @ 09:02
    Nathan Woulfe

Hi Shannon

Looks like the issue was my own - breadcrumb partial was rendering home/blog/archive when viewing /blog, which didn't make sense. Tidied up that logic and things look much better.

Will look at the IContentFinder though, would be good to remove /archive from the slug

Appreciate the response.

N

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft