Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Abilash Ashok 63 posts 418 karma points
    Mar 22, 2017 @ 07:22
    Abilash Ashok

Cannot deploy to Azure - Articulate web.config error

Hello,

I have an Umbraco + Articulate website which runs totally fine on my dev machine. When I try to deploy to Azure via Web Deploy, I am getting below build error in my VS:

Could not open Source file: Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Path_To_Website\App_Plugins\Articulate\Views\Web.config;\App_Plugins\Articulate\Views\Web.config'

I can assure that I can access web.config location in specified location. Do I need to enable any settings in config files to do Web Deploy to Azure.

Thanks.

• Ali Z 31 posts 173 karma points
    Mar 25, 2017 @ 18:28
    Ali Z

Maybe a security access problem ?

Mar 28, 2017 @ 06:03
    Abilash Ashok

Can you please clarify more on security problem? I am getting build error while trying to publish the website.

Thanks.

Mar 28, 2017 @ 15:37
    Ali Z

Hello Abilash,

I assume you use IIS. A website belong to an application pool. This container defines the version of .Net and the user rights that the website it contains will use.

"Maybe a security access problem ?" => Maybe the source of your problem is that the user defined in your application pool doesn't have the right to read the file "web.config"

Kr,

Ali

Mar 30, 2017 @ 09:33
    Abilash Ashok

I was using Visual Stusio development server and not IIS. Anyway, let me try changing the permission of directories and try again.

Mar 30, 2017 @ 09:40
    Ali Z

If not working, try running Visual Studio with admin rights.

Apr 03, 2017 @ 12:24
    Abilash Ashok

Hey @Ali, it was not related to Admin rights.

Finally came across the thread which discuss the same issue. https://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/60222-Umbraco-721-Build-fails-after-deploy-to-Azure-WebSite#comment-268387

Thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft