Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alex 22 posts 105 karma points
    Apr 25, 2017 @ 20:22
    Alex

Is it possible to change URL name in Articulate?

Hello,

Is it possible to change URL for blog post? I see I can create an alias, but I better change original URL.

I found than if I create property with the name umbracoUrlName I can do it, and it actually works for my own pages, but when trying to create this property on Aticulate Post I got the following

Validation: Duplicate property aliases not allowed: umbracoUrlName

Thanks, Alex.

PS I found it can be done by editing database (table cmsPropertyType), but that probably bad solution

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5269 karma points MVP 2x
    Apr 26, 2017 @ 03:08
    Shannon Deminick

On every blog post there is a 'slug' property - this is how you change the URL of a blog post, that is it's whole purpose. The slug property is actually umbracoUrlName you can see this by looking at the ArticulatePost document type

• Alex 22 posts 105 karma points
    Apr 26, 2017 @ 13:15
    Alex

Thanks, Shannon, when I installed it directly from Umbraco that property was not available, but today I no longer able to find articulate in Umbraco (developer->packages), so downloaded it directly, and Slug works for me.

• Dmitriy 168 posts 588 karma points
    May 15, 2017 @ 14:46
    Dmitriy

Thanks for your advice, Shanon. I have the same problem.

Is there an extension or addon that do the umbracoUrlName to every document type automaticly? It is not easy to create that property every time even with composition.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft