Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Emmanuelle Philippe 10 posts 51 karma points
    Jun 11, 2018 @ 19:19
    Emmanuelle Philippe

Embedding existing site navigation into new Articulate blog

Hi there

I have a similar issue as described here (see link) but this post only seems to get me part of the way hence why I am opening a new thread:

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/starter-kits/articulate/discussions/66713-umbraco-site-navigation-macro-within-template

I have an existing site which was using a MacroPartial to generate navigation and I am now trying to add it to a new blog section.

Following the advice on the thread mentionned previously (see link) I have moved the content of my PartialViewMacro into a regular Partial view, changing the initial 'PartialViewMacroModel' for 'Umbraco.Web.Models.RenderModel', which seems required to filter descendants with LINQ.

The old part of the website seems fine with these changes but I am still getting an error with I try to get to the Articulate blog i.e.

The model item passed into the dictionary is of type 'Articulate.Models.ListModel', but this dictionary requires a model item of type 'Umbraco.Web.Models.RenderModel'.

What am I missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Dezignwhiz 3 posts 72 karma points
    Aug 20, 2018 @ 20:58
    Dezignwhiz

Hello, I'm trying to achieve the same thing. Any luck?

• Emmanuelle Philippe 10 posts 51 karma points
    Aug 21, 2018 @ 09:23
    Emmanuelle Philippe

Hi Dezignwhiz

Yes I managed to find a workaround. In short I created a new Articulate theme and the root document (of the blog) starts with the following:

@model Articulate.Models.IMasterModel @using ClientDependency.Core.Mvc @using Articulate; @{ var siteRoot = Model.AncestorsOrSelf().Last(); var navModel = new Umbraco.Web.Models.RenderModel(Model); ...

} Then comes my HTML (copied from the old part of the site for a similar look) with the call to the partial with the navigation @Html.Partial("MainNav", navModel)

The view starts with the following: @model Umbraco.Web.Models.RenderModel

@{ //From the currentpage - get the root node (Select the node at level 1) var rootNode = Model.Content.Site(); var selection = rootNode.Children.Where(x => x.IsVisible()); ... }

Then the HTML where I enumerate the descendants

@foreach (var item in selection) {...}

Hope this helps :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft