Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Cort Larsen 418 posts 1015 karma points
    Jan 26, 2011 @ 20:50
    Peter Cort Larsen

Setup

Hi, Can you give a brief description on how to set up the package?

• Chris Koiak 700 posts 2626 karma points
    Jan 27, 2011 @ 13:48
    Chris Koiak

You can install this (and any other package) via the 'Install local package' option in the Developer section.

• Peter Cort Larsen 418 posts 1015 karma points
    Jan 27, 2011 @ 13:56
    Peter Cort Larsen

Yes i know, i mean do i need to create a new page? If yes which template should i base it on?

• Chris Koiak 700 posts 2626 karma points
    Jan 27, 2011 @ 14:05
    Chris Koiak

All the controls to create folders or documents (which are really just pages) are displayed on the front end of the website. Is that what you mean?

There is no provision in this package for the creation of standard content pages.

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Jul 20, 2011 @ 17:59
    Amir Khan

Is there anything I need to do to actually "enable" the functionality of this package? I've installed the package, published the new "home" page that is created, but the upload and create folder buttons don't seem to function.

Thanks!

Amir

• markquenneville 4 posts 24 karma points
    May 25, 2012 @ 05:26
    markquenneville

I'm NOTa newbie and I'm having the same "getting started" issue as Amir and Peter.   A one paragraph description of how to  integrate the document centre to an existing site or whatever is nessesary to make this work. 

It's a very valuable functionality to add to an Umbraco site.  just need some direction on how install it and use it. 

Here's my experience so far:

1. very excited about the possibility of adding a document centre, I downloaded the package and installed it to an existing site on top of the Koiak Standard starter kit - got an exception. 

2. Realizing the Koiak Document Centre is categorized as a starter kit, I created a new Umbraco 4.7.2 site and skipped the install stater kit processs.. Installed the package as the first package addition tp the new site. - That worked.  yay!

3. published all content - home page and subs

4. Load the new site in my prowser and it lands on the home page with a promisingly cool page that shows a header, menu bar (Home only) a folder tree on the left side and a nice document management grid in the right panel.   Two buttons: Upload Document and Create folder.   Three documents listed in the grid:  
         1. Document Center ( a folder type)
         2. Insufficent Access ( page)
         3. Login (page)
    Clicking on Document Center tree control shows Project 1 and Project 2 - but the document management grid disappears and there's nothing in the project folders. No Sub Category or test.txt documents appear.   

5. At this point nothing appears functional. Cant get to a login page. Upload button doesn't work.  Create Folder doesn't work.  Realize that I should login.

6. Added a Member so that when I find out how to get to the login page, I will have a login account. 

7. Various attempts at getting to the login page didn't work (but it IS published). 

8. Check on-line for some documentation of the package.   Found this blog.  

What am I missing?  Did I say that I'm not a newbie?

Question: Could the KIOAK Document Centre be repackaged as an add-on package rather than a starter kit?

• Rickard 1 post 21 karma points
    Mar 04, 2013 @ 16:36
    Rickard

Having the exact same issue as previous poster. Is this project not updated/supported anymore perhaps?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft