Free solution for website development from OSKI solutions
About this starter kit
The current version of the OSKI Starter Kit is for Umbraco 8.6.3. The Starter Kit is based on our web site (https://oski.site/) in 2021. We have experienced his functionality and usability and think that it is one of the best free solutions for small businesses or personal website at the moment. Of course, if you want more features, please contact us and we will discuss how can we help you with it.
You are free to use it as you like, for personal or commercial purposes.
Our example consists of several pages:
1. Home (information about us, our team)
2. Our expertise (information about areas of our expertise)
3. Support plans (information about our support plans for Umbraco websites)
4. Portfolio (examples of our works)
5. News (information about achievements and news)
6. Contact us (the simplest way to give us know about your problem)
This starter kit features a lot of functionality both in the front-end and the back-end.
Types of pages
There are 4 types of pages:
1. Content Page (standard page for your content, like text or image);
2. Grid layout Page (more complex page for your content, for example, for your portfolio).
3. Left Menu Page (page for structured information, for example, about technology that you use).
4. Blog (page for news and articles).
There are a lot of different documents types which you can combine whatever you want. They can be divided into few groups:
Group “Image” (Full screen top container, Image and info container, Card List, Cards container, Slider container, Contact location and map and others)
Group “Text” (Rich text editor, Code Fragment, Question & Answer Container, Plans Card container and others)
Group “Forms” (Contact container, Search container)
Steps for installation:
1. Select the starter kit "OSKI Starter Kit" from Packages.
2. Configure SMTP settings in web.config. For example, e-mail is [email protected], password is oski.site, port for gmail is 587:
<smtp from="[email protected]">
<network host="smtp.gmail.com" port="587" userName=" [email protected]" password="oski.site" />
3. Configure reCaptcha settings (it is optional) in web.config in block <appSettings>. For example, Site Key is “6LfQYQscAAAAAN3u4ZgRXNC-D1VHD2TfllY0chMa” and SecretKey is “6LfQYQscAAAAACx0vBoW1Qnh3SgHKHG8uXfcNz7x”:
<add key="Google.Recaptcha.SiteKey" value="6LfQYQscAAAAAN3u4ZgRXNC-D1VHD2TfllY0chMa" />
<add key="Google.Recaptcha.SecretKey" value="6LfQYQscAAAAACx0vBoW1Qnh3SgHKHG8uXfcNz7x" />
4. Configure settings for Error page in umbracoSettings.config
5. Welcome to OSKI Starter Kit! Enjoy our solution!