Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
Hi, the package seems very useful, thanks for sharing it!
I have some problems geting started though. I installed it and tried searching, it first found stuff in content nodes as is should, but not in media.
After installing the pdf ifilter and restarting the server nothing happened. Then I tried adding a new pdf in media, and then it was found!
But short time of happiness, to get all pdf's indexed I tried reindexing the site... After that nothing is found, not even content. Huh!? The site is under development and only contains some 20 nodes.
What's the difference between umbraco/reindex.aspx and your umbsearch2-reindex?
I did try them both, last time umbsearch2 it seems to do nothing, it finishes in 00:00:00 time. (Also I tried deleting the files in the dontdelete-folder).
umbraco/reindex.aspx is to reindex internal index that will not contain media and is used as source of internal search box top left of ui. UmbSearch2 should have its own dashboard control to reindex? I have not used it myself but I am assuming thats how the index can be rebuilt?
If the search isn’t working properly you might have to recreate your index files. You can do this by navigating to /usercontrols/umbsearch2/reindexsite.aspx. if you can't navigate to '/usercontrols/umbsearch2/reindexsite.aspx', there were probably not sufficient writing rights during the installation of UmbSearch2. You will have to change the line <add key="umbracoReservedPaths" value="/umbraco/" /> to <add key="umbracoReservedPaths" value="/umbraco/,/usercontrols/umbsearch2/" /> in the web.config. Normally this will be done automatically during the installation.If the page 'reindexsite.aspx' isn't working properly, try first deleting the folder 'usercontrols\UmbSearch2\UmbSearch2IndexDontDelete'. I know this is a nasty workaround though it's the best I can offer at the moment.
Ismail & Ron, thanks,
Ok, after reading more careful, I deleted the folder usercontrols\UmbSearch2\UmbSearch2IndexDontDelete. I just deleted the files before (thought that folder deletion would cause an error such as if one deletes _systemUmbracoIndexDontDelete folder).
The umbsearch2 index builds with progress indicator and no errors. Looks good, and three files shows up in the folder... No errors in the log. But no search results. And the controls should work with my settings, they did before (on content), until I reindexed the first time. This is strange.
I'll ask Hans to help you tomorrow.
Great Ron, thanks!
I've done everything mentioned here, I even checked the generated index with Luke and I can search just fine in Luke, but I get no results at all in umbsearch2.
I've checked the umbracoLog table and the windows event log, but no exceptions or errors are being generated, I just keep getting the message that my search generated no results. Any thoughts?
Do a search but tag the page with querystring parameter umbDebugShowTrace=true see if you are getting errors in the stack trace.
Thanks Ismail, nothing to see in the trace either..
Never mind, I believe (not 100% sure, but that must be it), that I forgot to select the SearchStartNodeId.. #stupid
I moved the site to another server and got it working. Don't know what was wrong on the first server though. Great! Now it's time to start formatting the results.
Jonas, did you move from a 64 bit to a 32 bit server? I've had problems getting iFilters to work on 64 bit machines.
Sebastiaan, ok thanks for the note, but the previous server was also running 32bits.
The problem re-appeared when I renamed the files in my media folders. Throws an exception on save:
Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Stack Trace:[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] UmbSearch2.EventHandlers.MediaIndexer.Media_AfterSave(Media sender, SaveEventArgs e) +57 umbraco.cms.businesslogic.media.Media.FireAfterSave(SaveEventArgs e) +27 umbraco.cms.businesslogic.media.Media.Save() +63
After renaming it won't find the files anymore, and re-indexing does not help.
I managed to rebuild complete index by deleting the indexfolder as mentioned. But still I get the error on media save, so I expect the editor to get back to me when they upload next pdf. :-)
Luckily the source is avaliable, so I have a chance to find out what's going on.
I realize this is a way old thread, but one of my clients is having the same problem, as described here.
We tried deleting the UmbSearch2IndexDontDelete folder and ran Reindexsite.aspx It ran in about 15 seconds, no errors and no searchresults. The search has been working for years, but it broke (YSOD on document/media publish) recently which when first tried deleting UmbSearch2IndexDontDelete.
If I hit refresh in the UmbSearch2IndexDontDelete directory I see new files each time. Sometimes a couple, somestimes 40. It just keeps going like that.
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted