Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Mike 80 posts 101 karma points
    May 10, 2014 @ 12:32
    Mike
    0

    Unable to Load folder list

    I am experiencing this problem. On a staging version with less items it still works, so it could be the amount of items. However... Fiddler2 returns a TRUE status and an XML string with the folderstructure?

    Also I tried setting debug to true (which would remove the timeout) but also I tried 300 on executionTimeOut (5 mins) but it still fails. Much earlier as the 5 minutes i must add. That;s why i tried with fiddler and saw the list.

    What could be the issue? 

  • Jan Skovgaard 11257 posts 23497 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    May 10, 2014 @ 13:28
    Jan Skovgaard
    1

    Hi Mike

    I've seen this issue as well.

    But on the solution where it occured we also experienced that the backoffice was pretty slow when saving documents etc. so we ran some index optimization on the database, which actually fixed the performance issue and the "unable to load folder list" error.

    Don't know if that could perhaps be a usefull thing to do in your case as well? If you want to give it a go you should read the posts by Mikkel Johansen in this post http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/42361-This-is-a-bit-dirtybut-I-need-to-mess-with-the-database - In his first post he shows the script to run in order to find out, which tables could be optimized using an index.

    Hope this helps.

    /Jan

  • Mike 80 posts 101 karma points
    May 11, 2014 @ 10:39
    Mike
    0

    Thanks! I ran the script and was able to add four indexes. Mostly to the CMS Document table.

    The problem however was not fixed with this. As I get a result of TRUE from the mediauploader, one would think the client program has difficulties with large XML data? As it does not look like a timeout issue.

     

    thanks

  • Matt Brailsford 2646 posts 13176 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    May 21, 2014 @ 13:30
    Matt Brailsford
    0

    Hi Mike,

    Sorry to hear you are having problems. Unfortunately I wrote DMU quite some time ago and no longer have the tools to make any changes to it (Notably flash builder).

    From the sounds of it, it does sound like it's purely down to the volume of data being returned, so the only real thing I could suggest is to maybe do a bit of cleanup in the media section and get rid of anything not being used. You could also try structuring your media into sub folders if it isn't already, just incase it's down to DMU having too many nodes to render at a given level.

    Sorry if this isn't much help to you, however all the source is available should you wish to debug yourself (and if you have the tools needed).

    Matt

  • Mike 80 posts 101 karma points
    May 21, 2014 @ 13:42
    Mike
    0

    Ok, was afraid of that. Don't have any knowlegd of Flash builder at all. Going for the cleanup i guess.. thanks!

  • Matt Brailsford 2646 posts 13176 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    May 21, 2014 @ 14:36
    Matt Brailsford
    0

    It's hard to keep up with these things sometimes, especially when it's not your primary skill. DMU was written at a time when media in Umbraco was a real pain, however now we have drag and drop support and a much nicer visual experience in UI so DMU is unfortunately not as relevant as it once was and so has slipped down on my priority list.

    Again, I know that's not much help to you, but hopefully it helps in understanding.

    Best of luck

    Matt

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft