Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Jacob Bach Pedersen 19 posts 73 karma points
    Feb 16, 2015 @ 15:04
    Jacob Bach Pedersen
    0

    No results using Umbraco 7.2.1

    Hey

    Running a Umbraco 7.2.1 installed with ezSearch. Right now the search returns no resulats. I added the folowwing to ExamineIndex.config

    <IndexUserFields>
      <add Name="subheading"/>
      <add Name="content"/>
    </IndexUserFields>
    

    And render my search template like:

    @inherits Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoTemplatePage
    @{
        Layout = "Master.cshtml";
    }
    
    <div class="col-md-8">
        @Umbraco.RenderMacro("ezSearch", new
        {
            searchFields = "nodeName,metaTitle,metaDescription,metaKeywords,subheading,content",
            previewFields = "subHeading,content",
            indexType = "CONTENT",
            rootContentNodeId = 1057, //front page and below
            searchFormLocation = "top",
            PageSize = 100
        })
    </div>
    

    subheading and content are datafiels on every page. Subheader = Textbox multiline, content = richtext-editor.

    Whats wrong? It is possible to debug this problem, is so, how?

  • Bogdan 250 posts 427 karma points
    Feb 16, 2015 @ 15:53
    Bogdan
    0

    I don't know ezSearch, but given that you are on v 7.2.1, why not use the built-in search functions from UmbracoHelper?

    Example:

    IEnumerable<IPublishedContent> results = Umbraco.TypedSearch(query, false, "ExternalSearcher").Where(c => c.TemplateId != 0 && c.ItemType == PublishedItemType.Content);
    
    @foreach (var result in results)
    {
    ...
    }
    
  • Jacob Bach Pedersen 19 posts 73 karma points
    Feb 17, 2015 @ 00:04
    Jacob Bach Pedersen
    0

    Hey

    I getting the same problem when doing like:

    query.AppendFormat("+(__IndexType:{0} +searchPath:{1} -template:0) ", UmbracoExamine.IndexTypes.Content, Model.Content.AncestorOrSelf(1).Id);
    

    If I remove the +searchPath:{1} it works, but if then it returns results from outside the current site.

    Is this a bug?

  • Dennis Spijkerboer 53 posts 95 karma points
    Sep 02, 2015 @ 13:33
    Dennis Spijkerboer
    0

    Hey

    Did you guys solved this problem? I run into the same problemen with the +searchPath part.

  • Mark Bowser 266 posts 852 karma points c-trib
    Sep 02, 2015 @ 16:22
    Mark Bowser
    0

    To help you debug, try navigating to the Examine Management dashboard (default on the developer section) and test using the External Searcher. You can run queries there and see if you are getting back any data.

  • Michel Collard 31 posts 191 karma points
    Dec 19, 2016 @ 15:29
    Michel Collard
    0

    I know this is an old post, but I fixed this by removing the old files from the index at:
    ~/App_Data/TEMP/ExamineIndexes/{machinename}/{your indexset name}/Index/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft